30 hours per week, Term Time Only plus 2 weeks, open to flexible working
Fixed until January 2024
Due to a forthcoming maternity leave, we have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our high performing and fully inclusive school, The Regis School, as a Data Processing and System Manager.
As part of a busy, innovative, and vibrant team, you will lead on the collation, storage, analysis and presentation of pupil and school performance data, to inform continuous school improvement. You will assist senior leaders in ensuring the data received from staff is accurate, timely and fit for purpose, and secure efficient turnaround of data, presenting it in appropriate formats for use by key stakeholders. You will manage the school’s main data systems such as Arbor, 4Matrix and other third-party sources e.g. working with the Department for Education on the schools census and timetabling software.
The Data and Assessment office deals with all aspects of the school’s assessment and management information system. There is a Data Coordinator and an Examinations Officer who work closely together to ensure the smooth running of all assessment and reporting systems. Data plays a huge part in the school’s commitment to securing the best outcomes for our students; therefore, this role is essential in securing the best in and from everyone.
Main duties will include:
- To maintain daily communications and positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of agreed data products
- Produce well-presented data analysis and reports that are easy to access/use for the recipients
- Working within a team environment and contributing positively to new solutions for more effective use of our data.
- Manage school’s main data systems
- Manage third party data systems
Candidate will need the following essential skills:
- Able to work at pace towards multiple deadlines with no impact on the quality of outcomes.
- Be confident, solution focused and have a positive attitude
- A self-starter, take initiative, think ahead and plan and amend work schedules as needed
- Have confidence to work independently, using own innovative but also to seek help where needed
- Have well-developed skills in the use of Office software, particularly Excel to a higher level such as knowledge of VLOOKUP’s, Data Validation, VBA
- Has a high attention to detail, particularly across different data systems
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively
- Previous experience in a similar field
- Ability to recognise and address errors in data in order to prevent inaccurate information being shared with key stakeholders including parents
- Able to adapt quickly and learn new systems in a timely manner
- When faced with problems are able to troubleshoot and either personally address or seek the help needed to resolve
It would be Desirable Skills if candidates had the following skills:
- Experience of school management information systems such as Arbor
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Access
- Educated to degree level with numerate disciplines featuring strongly
If this describes you, then we would be delighted to receive an application from you.
For further information please visit our website https://www.theregisschool.co.uk/working-for-us/vacancies or call Vicky Ovens on 01243 871068.
Closing date: Monday 9th January at 9am
Interviews: To be confirmed
The Regis is a school that we all feel proud of and our teachers are passionate about their work. We know that teaching can be a challenging profession, but with the support we offer and a commitment to seeing the best in each other, we work tirelessly to find creative ways to educate. We have access to a Group-wide curriculum, an intranet platform that enables sharing of resources and opportunities for work shadowing and mentorship.
The Regis School is a secondary 11-18 school with over 1600 students on roll. We are an inclusive comprehensive school that aims to achieve the best for every student. This philosophy is reflected in the successful Sixth Form of 160+ students who are offered a broad range of academic and vocational programmes. Over 70% of our students progress to Higher Education each year.
The Regis School has a well-qualified, dedicated supportive and enthusiastic staff team. We have approximately 200 staff, all of whom are committed to providing the best possible education for our students. As one of the biggest employers in Bognor Regis, we emphasise the learning of adults and young people. Staff are involved in further study, research projects and in the training of teachers in partnership with local universities.
This job post has expired.