|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 7 to Lead Practitioners range 11, £47,706 to £52,643|
• To lead, manage and develop Science
• To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students in a specified area in accordance with the aims of the school and the policies determined by the Governing Body and the Headteacher
• To be responsible for the overall progress and development of students within a specified area
• To develop and enhance the teaching practice of others to facilitate learning experiences which provide students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To provide for the effective management of teachers, support staff, financial and physical resources to enhance students’ learning
• To identify the responsibilities beyond those of a main professional grade teacher that are expected of a member of staff who holds a leadership scale position
Essential educational requirements
Good honours degree
Enhanced DBS clearance
Essential skills and experience
• Proven track record of success in teaching Science across key stages 3 to 5.
• Evidence of experience in taking responsibility beyond that normally expected of a main scale teacher.
• Clear understanding of the issues regarding monitoring, evaluating and improving school performance
• Evidence of ability to form professional relationships with both students and colleagues
• Familiarity with developments in the National Curriculum.
• Evidence of the successful application of behaviour management techniques
• Evidence of a willingness and ability to lead extra-curricular provision
• High level of subject knowledge, which provides a basis for teaching up to KS5 level.
• Understanding of how to promote high levels of achievement for all students.
• Knowledge of a variety of approaches to learning and high expectations of young people
• Commitment to adding value beyond the curriculum to the education of young people
• Ability to improve the performance of others
As a member of the school’s Extended Leadership Team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead a whole-school area of responsibility in anticipation of a future move to a Deputy or Assistant Headteacher role.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||1376 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Helsby High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Helsby High School
Chester Road, Frodsham, Cheshire, WA6 0HY