Deputy Curriculum Leader Maths
We are seeking an inspirational and experienced Maths Teacher ready to take on the challenge of being a deputy curriculum leader to join our well-established and innovative Maths team from September 2020. The department has a blend of younger and more experienced practitioners, providing opportunity for ambitious colleagues in a supportive environment where developing the practice of teachers in the classroom with outstanding CPD is high priority. You will be an effective team leader, whose input will contribute to the further development of the current supportive and enthusiastic team of practitioners. Our Academy is on a rapid improvement journey. You will be joining a forward-thinking school that values the professional development and well-being of its staff.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to begin or further their leadership journey. You will join a forward-thinking school that values the professional development and well-being of its staff.
The successful candidate must be:
- Able to teach Maths to at least KS4 and potentially KS5,
- Values driven,
- Ambitious for every child and highly inclusive,
- Passionate about Maths and its impact on learning, with the ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results.
- Committed to making a difference to the lives of pupils,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues, and
- Someone who can forge positive relationships with students to encourage great learning.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where wellbeing and workload are effectively managed,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace,
- Access to high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff, to ensure that everyone is enabled to develop, grow and collaborate,
- PiXL network access, developing new ideas and strategies to impact on student learning and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme built into directed time - fostering excellence in teaching and learning, and a vibrant modern building and facilities in a beautiful location beside a nature reserve, within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
Successful candidates should look forward to working in a challenging and inspiring environment within which there is ample opportunity to lay the foundations for career progression and leadership. We are committed to ensuring that every member of our school community is enabled to ‘be the best they can be’.
Informal visits are welcomed. To find out more about our school please visit our website at www.whitleyacademy.com.
We hope that after considering all the information provided, you will decide to make an application. A reminder that the closing date Friday 6th March 2020 at 12 noon. Candidates who submit an application form before the closing date, may be invited for interview early, therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible. Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown and wish you well for your future career. Completed applications should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential educational requirements
• Good Degree in Maths
• Experience of teaching Maths at secondary level.
• Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• The ability to establish and maintain relationships with staff.
• The ability to work as a member of a team.
• The ability to handle potentially difficult situations sensitively.
• An appreciation of the importance of establishing and developing a good professional working relationship with pupils, parents and where appropriate with Governors, the local community, partner schools and other external agencies.
• The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form.
• The ability to meet deadlines.
• The ability to teach Maths effectively through Year 7 to 11 and possibly 13.
• Competence in the use of ICT as a tool to enhance teaching and learning.
• A commitment to comprehensive education and the Opening Minds framework at KS3.
• A willingness to contribute to subject, faculty and whole school developments.
• An understanding of the importance of the teacher as a role model for young people.
About Whitley Academy
When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site they belong to the Whitley Academy community. In our community, we are proud of our school and are committed to supporting all staff and students to be the best they can be.
- Abbey Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 4BD
- Whitley Academy website (opens in a new window)