Deputy Director of MFL
4 days remaining to apply
Start date details
27 March 2023 at 11:59pm
13 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Languagesjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Directed
- MPS (Outer London) + £1,500 Harris Allowance + TLR
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
Are you looking for your next step in school leadership? This may be the role for you. We are looking for a qualified, experienced teacher to join our academy as Deputy Director of MFL. At Harris Garrard Academy, you will join a dedicated and open team of professionals supporting the wider academy team.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree
- Have a minimum of one year's teaching experience
Have proven success in raising achievement.
Show a high level of ICT skills and experience of how new technologies can be used to raise achievement
Have recent experience of involvement in innovative curriculum development
Show good understanding of creative whole school strategies for improving literacy and numeracy and the importance of this in raising achievement
Have experience of embedding innovative strategies for Assessment for Learning and Learning to Learn.
Be willing to use coaching as a model for ensuring on-going professional development.
- Have a proven ability to identify and implement strategies to raise standards of Teaching and Learning.
What the school offers its staff
Harris Garrard Academy is a new school with drive and ambition. Located in the wider South Thamesmead area, we cater to a vastly vibrant 3-19 aged student community. Accessible by fantastic rail and bus transport links and very soon to be on the opening leg of the Elizabeth Line, the academy's stunning working environment is within a purpose-built school designed by Norman Foster and nominated for the Stirling Prize for architecture in 2004.
We also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
Further details about the role
The purpose of your role will be:
- To deputise for the Subject Coordinator, assisting in leading the creation and establishment of outstanding provision within the subject area.
- To be accountable for student progress and development in the subject area across KS3, KS4 and post 16, including meeting student achievement targets for subject areas which are agreed by the Principal and the Governing Body.
- To ensure high standards of teaching and learning across the subject area through continuously, developing and enhancing the quality of teaching and learning.
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students in the subject area.
- To ensure that all school policies and procedures are implemented and applied consistently by all staff in the subject area.
- To ensure agreed tutor programme is implemented and that tutors are effective in their role.
- To effectively and efficiently manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources across the subject area.
- To lead development for literacy, within subject areas, to raise standards of Literacy across the academy.
Your main areas of responsibility will fall under the areas of:
- Operational and strategic planning (including contributing to the subject and faculty improvement plans, and assisting in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessment and teaching strategies)
- Ensuring the delivery of an appropriate, comprehensive, high quality and cost effective curriculum and leading development of the subject and its delivery
- Staff development (including assisting in recruiting, building and managing an effective team of motivated staff)
- Student outcomes (including assisting the director in ensuring the effective operation of target setting, monitoring and evaluation systems and the input and maintenance of accurate student data)
- Pastoral system (including being a form tutor to a selected group of students)
- Teaching, including acting as an outstanding role model
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Harris Garrard Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1430 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Harris Garrard Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0208 320 4800
Harris Garrard Academy is an all-through 3–18 academy with approximately 1350 pupils on roll and joined the Harris Federation as a sponsored academy in September 2017. The academy is based in Thamesmead in a purpose built building. We are now on a journey towards “Outstanding”, led by highly experienced executive principals with proven track records of school transformation. Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Kent and Medway