DEPUTY FACULTY LEADER FOR ENGLISH
An exciting opportunity to join
Nova Hreod Academy
Role: Deputy Faculty Leader for English
Location: Swindon – close to the Cotswolds and in commuting distance from Bristol, Bath and Oxford
Salary: Highly Competitive
Start date: ASAP or September 2023
Nova Hreod Academy is an ambitious school with a track record of continuous improvement. Our school ethos is rooted in our principles of Drive, Integrity, Scholarship and Contribution. As our students develop these attributes during their time with us, they move towards adulthood, better prepared to take on the challenges they will face. We want all our students to flourish academically and personally in an aspirational and supportive environment.
We are proud to have a knowledge rich curriculum, research informed teaching and amazing facilities. Teachers joining our team receive excellent CPD to develop their subject knowledge, their pedagogy and their classroom management. They have access to collaboratively planned schemes of work and lesson resources.
We guarantee structures which enable disruption free learning in every lesson. We have a highly supportive and hands-on SLT who take responsibility for creating a culture which is calm and respectful. We have a dedicated team of non-teaching, pastoral and SEN staff working with SLT and teachers to support pupils.
Our house system, student leadership opportunities, Nova Charter and SuperNova extra-curricular programme ensure our students have an extensive range of opportunities to develop character, demonstrate compassion and contribute to the community.
We are looking for a conscientious, dedicated Deputy Faculty Leader who has excellent subject knowledge, a passion for English literature and language and the ability to enthuse students and staff into continuous improvement.
Our Deputy Faculty Leader needs to be someone who:
- is a dynamic teacher with high expectations and a commitment to improvement
- has a clear vision, energy and commitment to all aspects of school life
- is a well qualified, excellent English teacher with some experience of curriculum development
- would act as a model of our values of drive, integrity, scholarship and contribution
- would demonstrate excellent organisational and inter-personal skills and the ability to lead in a team
- has a desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and life-chances of our students
Nova Hreod Academy can offer you:
- enthusiastic, friendly and well-behaved students who deserve the very best teachers
- a superb building with state-of-the-art facilities
- hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic staff
- a rigorous whole-school discipline policy effectively supported by the senior leadership team.
- a fantastic team of English teachers, who have been working together to develop their Mastery Curriculum
- supportive leadership and a committed Governing Body
- a guaranteed CPD offer with real opportunities to develop as a teacher
Why choose Nova Hreod Academy
We can offer you a school where we are proud to teach a knowledge-rich curriculum and you will receive excellent CPD to develop your subject pedagogy and classroom management. You will have access to collaboratively planned schemes of work and lesson resources. We guarantee disruption free learning in EVERY lesson. We have a highly supportive and hands-on SLT who take responsibility for creating a calm and respectful ethos.
We have a dedicated team of non-teaching pastoral and SEN staff work with SLT and teachers to support pupils and this enables us to have a 98% record of homework completion with centralised detentions for non-completion. We also have an amazing varied extra-curricular programme which helps our students grow and develop into rounded individuals.
This job post has expired.