- Early years, KS1, KS2
- 49,019 - 54,019
Deputy Head at Oldmixon Primary School job summary
Are you a school leader thinking about a new challenge?
Oldmixon Primary School is looking for a leader with a passion for curriculum, pedagogy and inclusion.
If you are wanting greater responsibility, quality development, career progression and opportunities for collaboration, this is for you.
Oldmixon Primary School, Weston-super-Mare
Full time permanent role. Required from 31 October 2022 (there would be flexibility on this dependent on the individuals circumstances to start earlier or later).
Salary details: ISR £49,019 to £54,091 (EL7 – EL11) per annum - plus extensive benefits package
A good deputy headteacher is essential for any school team, working alongside the headteacher leading the development of the school, managing day to day business and ensuring pupils are safe and enjoying an extraordinary education.
At Oldmixon Primary School, we are fully committed to providing an inclusive, stimulating and caring environment suited to the needs and capabilities of all our children. We need you to bring your experience, skills and dedication to support and develop our commitment.
You will bring:
• dynamic, innovative ideas that influence how we develop our curriculum offer to benefit and inspire all learners, especially those with SEND
• A commitment to inclusion
• developed people skills that enable and deepen positive relationships with all stakeholders
• a strong knowledge of positive behaviour management strategies
• experience of working alongside professional agencies
• strategies to promote high standards of SEND teaching and learning
Working closely with the headteacher and staff team to promote the vision and ethos of the school, you will have opportunity to express yourself and introduce new ideas to shape its future. You’ll be confident in modelling good practice, developing positive and productive relationships with children, parents, staff and others and in supporting training and development within the rest of the team and across our Trust.
Oldmixon is committed to developing well-rounded children, who are willing and capable of making a positive contribution to their community. We are looking for somebody who will champion the ‘whole’ child and who recognises the importance of inclusion and the wider curriculum in achieving this aim.
In return, we will offer:
• a cohesive, hardworking and welcoming team, who value each other and recognise the importance of supporting one another in an exciting, fresh work environment
• the opportunity to collaborate with staff and children from across the ELAN community
• a comprehensive wellbeing package
• a wider support network and the benefits of our extensive continuing professional development (CPD) programme as part of the Extend Learning Academies Network (ELAN).
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please call the school office on 01934 812879 to arrange a visit.
To find out more and apply, please go to www.extendlearning.org/vacancies/
For further information or to discuss your application, please contact the ELAN office on 01934 313390.
Completed applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 10am Wednesday 15 June 2022
Interviews will be held on 23 & 24 June 2022
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and satisfactory references.
This job post has expired.