- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- £52,568 - £57,890 (L9 - L13)
The Inclusive Education Trust (IET) is looking to appoint a permanent, full time, Deputy Head of Centre at Wey Valley College in Guildford. The IET is a newly formed Multi Academy Trust which includes three Pupil Referral Units across Surrey.
The three schools in the Trust all currently have an Outstanding judgement form Ofsted and pride themselves in always being child centred, with all strategic decisions only made if it will in some way benefit the young people of Surrey.
● Reigate Valley College (RVC) is a 5-16 school that has permanently excluded students as well as providing interventions and outreach and serves the SE of Surrey
● Wey Valley College (WVC) is a 5-16 school that has permanently excluded students as well as providing interventions and outreach and serves the SW of Surrey
● The Fordway Centre is a 5-11 primary school that has permanently excluded students as well as providing interventions and outreach and serves the NW and NE of Surrey
Duties will include:
● Please see attached Job Description
If you have the following, we would love to hear from you:
● Appropriate qualifications
● Ability to lead and manage staff, including performance management
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Willingness to teach Maths to KS4 students
● Ability to work as part of a wider team
We can offer you:
● A friendly and well-motivated staff team who work collaboratively
● A generous salary package and a range of benefits
● Fabulous but challenging pupils!
● Opportunities to work and train across the Trust
WVC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding among our workforce. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS and CBL check. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice, reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 5 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- No information available
- Age range
- 5 to 16
About Wey Valley College
Wey Valley College (WVC) is a 5 – 16 Pupil Referral Unit (PRU), (also known as a short stay school) set over a single campus in Guildford, Surrey. The school is based on a single site, with a Primary school area for 12 students at KS1 and 2, and a secondary area for 32 students at KS3 and KS4.
Our aim is to reduce the numbers of pupils who are permanently excluded from school by offering mainstream schools an alternative to exclusion. We work closely with our Mainstream School partners to support early intervention so as to avoid permanent exclusion through a range of interventions so pupils can be supported, either within their mainstream school or at the college.
WVC became part of the Inclusive Education Trust (IET) which formed in September 2021 and works alongside Reigate Valley College (Reigate) and the Fordway Centre (Ashford Mdx). So whilst you get the benefits of working within a small and supportive setting, by working so closely with our other PRU’s we also provide you with a wide network of support, excellent opportunities for continued professional development and diverse opportunities for career progression.
Our mission statement is “Achieving New Beginnings Together”.
Arranging a visit to Wey Valley College
We welcome visits to the school. Please contact Oliver May -- Head of School 01483 518212.