Deputy Head of Maths job summary
Deputy Head of Maths
Contract: Permanent Full-time
Start Date: 1st September 2022
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR2 currently £4,783.00
Responsible to: Head of Maths
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and talented a Deputy Head of Maths Faculty with effect from September 2022. Our team of specialist teachers has a very strong record at GCSE level and in particular at A Level. The successful candidate will work with the Head of Maths to build on this very strong base to develop a securely outstanding Faculty.
As the successful candidate you will be:
• a qualified Maths teacher who is always looking to develop as a teacher and a leader
• confident teaching across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5, with a track record of success with groups across the attainment range
• passionate about all aspects of Maths
• actively engaged in the research and theories surrounding the teaching of Maths
• committed to engaging all students in learning and enjoying Maths
• determined to make a difference to young people’s lives
• a team player with good communication and inter-personal skills
• an excellent programme of induction and training which seeks to provide an excellent foundation for career progression
• a forward-thinking environment which recognises the benefits of considering flexible working patterns
• a friendly, caring, supportive and collaborative team ethos
• a professional environment dedicated to Teaching and Learning with a supportive, dedicated and hardworking staff community
• a suite of refurbished classrooms and a new Maths Faculty team room
If this sounds like the sort of challenge and environment you are looking for in your career journey and you feel that you possess these attributes, then we very much look forward to meeting you.
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 23rd May 2022. Early applications are encouraged as applications will be shortlisted on arrival. Should a suitable candidate be identified before the closing date, the vacancy may be closed early.
Interviews: Wednesday 25th May 2022.
To apply for this position, please download the Vale Academy Trust Teaching Staff Application Form from our website https://www.larkmead-school.com
Larkmead School is a member of the Vale Academy Trust. The Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
All staff will be expected to promote fundamental British values as part of a school that values diversity and individuality, exemplified in our values of ‘one community, individual minds, creating futures.’
TLR2 currently £4,783.00
Applying for the job
To apply for this position, please download the Vale Academy Trust Teaching Staff Application Form from our website https://www.larkmead-school.comMore on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Larkmead School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 843 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
Thank you for considering Larkmead School as the next step in your career.
Our ethos of ‘one community, individual minds, creating futures’ applies to Larkmead staff as well as Larkmead students. Colleagues at Larkmead can be proud to be part of something special, making a real difference to the lives and life chances of our students. It is a rewarding place to work as part of a mutually supportive team where everyone contributes. Personal, professional and career development is a fundamental part of working at Larkmead, which starts with our comprehensive induction programme. Our thoughtful approach to wellbeing means that staff have the support and challenge to succeed and advance.
Our induction programmes for all new colleagues are carefully planned to give you the practical strategies, advice and guidance you need to support your successful start at Larkmead. This induction work is sustained into your early weeks and months at Larkmead, with Leadership Team and line managers providing support and an important point of contact. Continuous professional development is at the heart of our work at school. Our culture of research and reflection, supported by practical strategies and collaboration across teams, is backed up by access to a wide range of training and resources to suit your professional progress and growth in the classroom, as a leader or in whatever role you fulfil at Larkmead.