Deputy Head of Maths
We are seeking a Deputy Lead of Maths to start at the academy as soon as possible. The successful candidate will inspire our pupils in the classroom by delivering innovative curricula and giving them the confidence to think big for themselves as they progress through our academy.
• is focused on teaching and learning
• requires the exercise of a teacher’s professional skills and judgment
• requires the teacher to lead and manage the team of the subject area
• has an impact on the educational progress of pupils other than the teacher’s assigned classes or groups of students
• involves leading, developing and fostering outstanding learning and teaching across the department
For a full job description of the role please see the job description and person specification.
Essential educational requirements
Good honours degree, Maths and English GCSE A*-C or 9-4
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
We are looking for candidates who have experience of:
•Leading the development of Maths, in line with the strategic development of the academy
• Supporting or promoting academy improvement
• Representing Maths at Curriculum and other meetings, as appropriate
• Facilitating the day to day management of the subject area, ensuring the effective deployment of staff and resources
• Ensuring the delivery of an appropriate, comprehensive and high quality curriculum, in line with all statutory requirements and in support of the academy improvement agenda
• Implementing strategies for raising and maximising attainment within the subject area
• Responsibility for for pupil performance and behaviour within the subject area, supporting other staff in the pursuit of excellence and the promotion of academy curriculum and behaviour policies
Please see the job description and person specification for further information.
TLR 2b plus £5000 golden hello
About Parkwood E-Act Academy
Parkwood E-ACT Academy, a forward-thinking, ambitious 11-16 secondary academy in Sheffield. We support and challenge our students to achieve their full potential both in and out of the classroom.
- Longley Avenue West, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S5 8UL
- Parkwood E-Act Academy website (opens in a new window)