Deputy Head of Science
This job expired on 30 May 2023 – see similar jobs
30 May 2023 at 9am
19 May 2023
- Fixed term
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000.00 to £43,685.00
Deputy Head of Science job summary
The Oldham Academy North are looking for a dynamic, creative, and inspirational teacher to support the Head of Science from September 2023. The appointed candidate will be an experienced and successful teacher with the ambition to support an innovative and forward–looking team.
Reporting to Head of Department, this post holder will be accountable for:
Assisting with leading, managing and developing the subject area
- Liaise with colleagues to identify and co-ordinate pupil support and intervention strategies
- Assist with the development of innovative, creative approaches to learning and to develop cross-curricular skills such as ICT, numeracy & literacy effectively in the delivery of teaching and learning in your area.
- Assist with the implementation of national and local strategies for raising attainment of students in your subject, in accordance with the Academy improvement plan
Impact on the educational progress of pupils
- To assist in the raising attainment for students in your subject area.
- To assist in the monitoring and evaluation of pupil progress and achievement against targets
- To assist in the identification of any areas of pupil under-achievement within the department and identify specific interventions as a result
People Development and Management
- In the absence of the Head of Department, effectively deploy resources as appropriate
- Actively participate in the recruitment and selection process of new team members
- Assist with coaching, mentoring, and developing staff including overseeing new employee onboarding.
- Responsible for the Health and Safety, security and welfare of self and colleagues in accordance with E-ACT’s policies and procedures, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Responsible for working in accordance with E-ACT’s policy relating to the promotion of Equality, Diversity, and Inclusivity
For a full description of the role, see the job description and job specification.
The Oldham Academy North is an ambitious, inclusive 11-16 academy in Oldham. We set high expectations for our students in all areas and encourage them to become ambassadors of their community. We continue to be a 'Good' school, whilst leading to excellent student progress and putting us in the top 100 best schools in England & one of the top 10 schools in the North.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of the best comprehensive schools in the North West of England and the most improved academy in Oldham. We are proud that our quality of education at The Oldham Academy North is world class, leading to GCSE outcomes that are well above average.
We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
What the trust offers in return
- Teacher Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and over 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
About The Oldham Academy North
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1322 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Oldham Academy North website (opens in new tab)
The Oldham Academy North is an ambitious, inclusive 11-16 secondary academy in Oldham. We have over 1100 students on roll and set high expectations for our students in all areas and encourage them to become ambassadors for their community.
Similar jobs nearby
Temporary Teacher of Graphics/DT
Falinge Park High School
Falinge Road, Rochdale, Lancashire, OL12 6LD
Hollins Lane, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 2QY
Dixons City Academy
Ripley Street, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD5 7RR
Complementary Education Centre Lead
Colne Park High School
Venables Avenue, Colne, Lancashire, BB8 7DP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Oldham and Greater Manchester