L9 - L14
St. Stephen’s C. of E. Voluntary Controlled Primary School
Appointment of Deputy Headteacher
Grade: Group 2 L9 –L14
Term: Full Time
Required from 01.09.21
South Meadow lane,
Tel: 01772 556306
School Website: wwww.st-stephens.lancs.sch.uk
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic leader who can work alongside the headteacher in taking our school to its next level of achievement. St. Stephen’s is a warm and welcoming diverse community, with a Christian foundation. We proudly “Aspire to Greatness”.
Our school is richly diverse, culturally cohesive and a place where everyone commits to the all-round development of children. In 2018, the school had a successful Ofsted inspection and highlighted the working relationships within the school and its capacity to nurture. This was also highly praised in the SIAMS inspection (March 2020). We are rightly proud of our achievements and can offer the opportunity for an ambitious individual to work in a unique setting which is culturally diverse, set near to the City Centre and yet has access to lots of green space on and around the school site.
The successful applicant will:
• promote the Christian ethos within our school and its wider community and seek to entwine the values of other faiths with the school’s distinctively Christian Foundation.
• have an excellent understanding of teaching, learning and assessment and is a passionate and outstanding classroom practitioner, who leads by example.
• have the ability to work with the headteacher to lead, motivate and inspire staff and children to achieve the highest standards.
• have experience of strategic planning and leadership, striving for excellence
• develop the respectful and inclusive ethos of our school and have a secure understanding of Safeguarding.
• be committed to working in partnership with our committed team, pupils, parents, governors, and the wider community.
We will offer you:
• A caring, nurturing school community with shared values of love and support.
• Happy, enthusiastic and well behaved children who are eager to learn and develop in an atmosphere where they all feel valued and respected and are proud of their school.
• A friendly, motivated and committed team of staff, working in partnership with active and supportive governors, who have the highest aspiration for all our children.
• Excellent opportunities for your continued professional development.
• Positive partnerships with our families, parish and wider community.
• Support from the headteacher, the Diocese and the local authority.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Some teaching commitment.
• Line management of TLR post holders in school.
• To lead on Quality First teaching throughout school.
• Curriculum development, including curriculum enrichment.
• Subject leader responsibility – to be confirmed following appointment.
Pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS clearance.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange an appointment please call 01772 556306 and speak to Hazra Zinga to confirm a time to visit.
We look forward to receiving your application.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Read the job description and person specification carefully.
2. Complete the application form.
3. Ensure that your letter of application relates to the person specification and job description
4. Email your application to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 16th April 2021 at 12 noon
Shortlisting Meeting: 28th April 2021 at 5 p.m.
Interview dates: 18th and 19th May 2021
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school, Church of England
296 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About St Stephen's CofE School
Thank you for taking an interest in the post of deputy headteacher at St Stephen’s CE Voluntary Controlled Primary School. The school currently has 10 classes plus a nursery, and our current number on roll is 299 pupils. We are a Church of England primary school with a strong commitment to developing our relationship with St Stephen’s Church, the community and parents. We work hard to link the faiths represented in our school with our shared values. We can offer you a friendly and lively school, where children feel welcome and value one another. Our Motto, “Aspire to Greatness” motivates us to “Achieve highly, Succeed, Persevere, Include, Respect and Enjoy learning”.
Our school, located in the south west area of Preston, is close to the River Ribble. The school offers superb outdoor learning facilities including a large environmental area and sports court and we are keen to widen children’s experiences through trips and activities. We are fortunate to be close to Avenham Park and are offered opportunities to link with Preston Council activities. Our links to the “Community Connectors” group enables us to contribute as a partner to the enrichment of the community.
The school was inspected in October 2018 and was highlighted for praise, particularly for the climate of care and support for pupils and the impressive relationships between school and community members. This was again noted in the SIAMS inspection of March 2021 and the school was also graded as “excellent” for the quality of worship.
The teachers are well supported by teaching assistants and governors, and teamwork is a strength of the school. We have a strong pastoral team that work tirelessly to support the social and emotional needs our children may have. This includes a learning mentor and a mentor for family engagement as well as a part-time non-teaching SENCo.
At St Stephen’s we offer a wide range of opportunities to our children, both in and out of school time. Enrichment activities include a variety of extra-curricular activities and we have an active Worship Group, School and Eco Councils. Trained playground buddies also provide excellent support to other pupils at lunchtimes. We are looking for a leader to continue to build upon the enriching curriculum we offer.
The new deputy headteacher will work with all school partners positively, sharing our vision for the school. We are looking for a candidate who is an outstanding classroom practitioner with the ability to lead by example and secure the respect and trust of colleagues, children, governors and parents. The successful candidate will work alongside the headteacher in leading the school and developing all staff to make them outstanding practitioners, and will have a strategic oversight of the curriculum. They will be expected to carry out some class teaching but will receive generous release to carry out their role effectively.
To get the best impression of the school we would strongly advise you to look around the school to find out more and to meet the team. Please contact the school office and speak to Hazra Zinga on 01772 556306 to confirm a time to visit.
We would like to thank you for your interest in the post and look forward to receiving your application.
Helen Wright Jason Ward
Head Teacher Chair of Governors
Arranging a visit to St Stephen's CofE School
Please contact the Head teacher Mrs Wright