The Governing Board is seeking to appoint a Deputy Head teacher to support the Head of School in leading Brackenbury Primary School. Brackenbury Primary will join the Kenmont Primary and Wendell Park Primary School Partnership in September 2021 when our existing head teacher, Dave Collins takes on the Executive Headship of all three schools.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in partnership with our Executive Head teacher, Head of School as well as other senior leaders within our new partnership.
Overview of the school:
Brackenbury Primary is a successful, well-resourced, two-form entry Primary School in Hammersmith. It is at the heart of a local community that has a rich and varied cultural and ethnically diverse makeup - the celebration of our many cultures and languages spoken is a key and valued activity.
Our school is a magnificent Victorian building built in 1879 and is maintained to a high standard.
Our children are confident and motivated learners who surprise us every day, they are proud of their school and are enthusiastic advocates of all that they achieve. We are fully committed to ensuring that every child is able to access opportunities that enable them to not only celebrate their own success, but that of others too.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is committed to providing the best education, experiences and opportunities to children at Brackenbury
• Has a proven track record of raising and maintaining high levels of achievement for all children and a record of raising standards
• Has experience of teaching with Key Stage One and or the Early Years Foundation Stage.
• Is a people person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is willing to take risks
• Can think creatively and who has a commitment to working collaboratively with all members of our immediate and wider school and partnership community
• Can lead, inspire and support colleagues through professional development and promotion of well-being – identifying potential in others, those who can be our future leaders
• Has excellent pedagogy and expertise in curriculum design and delivery
• Has an understanding of how children learn best, backed up by research
• Has experience/skills in coaching and mentoring, enabling staff to give their best
• Has experience of or willingness to train to act as a Designated Safeguarding Lead within a school setting and lead on pupil’s pastoral well-being.
• Has experience of working with parents and external agencies in supporting children’s well-being, physical and mental health.
• Can further build on and strengthen parent and community links within the school.
In return we offer you:
• Enthusiastic, friendly children with a love of learning
• A creative environment which welcomes innovation and new ideas
• An opportunity to work alongside the Executive Head teacher and Head of School in establishing the new partnership between the three schools
• Opportunities to work in partnership with a range of professionals across the three schools
• An innovative curriculum that enthuses and engages children
• The opportunity to work alongside an enthusiastic and supportive team of teachers and support staff, well behaved children and a dedicated governing body.
• Excellent location with close transport links
• A school committed to staff wellbeing
• Inner London weighting
Visits are welcomed; please contact Head teacher, Dave Collins (020 8743 3074) to find out more. Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com
Brackenbury Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our children and employees. We expect all staff to share this commitment. References will be obtained before the interview and the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Inner London weighting
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
423 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Brackenbury Primary School
On behalf of the children, staff and Governors, I would like to thank you for your interest in Brackenbury Primary School. School is a large, vibrant, welcoming school borough Hammersmith Fulham. The building situated on large site dates back 1879. Every classroom provided with up-to-date resources latest technology including interactive computerised white boards. Among our facilities are full computer suite, art room, music flexible hall music, drama parent activities, performances PE, ‘The Shed’ which performance space. Excellent staff, office reception add superb environment enhances teaching learning every adult child who has opportunity become part community.
Arranging a visit to Brackenbury Primary School
Visits are welcomed; please contact Head teacher, Dave Collins (020 8743 3074) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.