L8 - L12
Whilst this advert is for a Deputy Head post with a teaching commitment of 2 days per week, you may notice that we are also advertising for a SENDCo. If you would like to apply for the Deputy role and would also be interested in combining this with the SENDCo role, which would be a non-class based DHT/SENDCo post, please indicate this in your application. Securing the right person for our school is at the heart of this process and as such we are able to consider applicants for either the teaching DHT post or a non-class based DHT/SENDCo role in order to do this.
We are seeking to appoint a highly-motivated, inspirational and successful school leader who can work with the Leadership Team as our Deputy Head to bring our vision for high quality education for all Edith Moorhouse children to life.
The successful applicant will be able to:
• Be an exemplary and creative classroom practitioner who can make learning and teaching effective and fun
• Make a positive and sustained contribution to the leadership and management of the school which results in strengthening the school’s provision for all pupils
• Lead, manage, develop and maintain high quality curriculum development and assessment processes
• Lead the development of colleagues through the provision of high quality professional learning opportunities
• Promote a culture of excellence, equality and high expectations of all pupils and staff
In return, we can offer:
• Enthusiastic, happy and confident children who are proud of their school and love learning
• Friendly and supportive staff and governors
• A strong teaching and learning team who work hard to meet the needs of all of our pupils
• A forward-thinking school where innovation is encouraged
Academy, ages 3 to 11
350 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Edith Moorhouse Primary School
We are a popular primary school in the Oxfordshire town of Carterton, close to RAF Brize Norton. Visitors to our school often comment on the calm and friendly atmosphere, and our children are happy and enjoy their learning. As a school we have worked really hard over the past few years to build a strong and committed team with the capacity to improve the outcomes for our pupils. In 2017, we became an academy as part of The River Learning Trust. We feel very strongly that our school team, along with the wider family of the River Learning Trust, is what makes our school successful.
As part of the River Learning Trust; our collective vision is to be a Trust where pupils and staff thrive in schools which demonstrate:
● all-round education, academic success, lifelong learning for all and strength of character
● sustainable continuous improvement; no school standing still
● all schools being good and outstanding, or improving rapidly
● collaboration that is raising standards, and reducing workload
● where pupils, staff, parents and communities respect and value all we do to support the best possible outcomes and experiences for our children and young people
Our Teaching and Learning Policy (created and developed by staff) has a focus of whole class ‘Teaching to the Top’, with an emphasis on high expectations, knowing our children well, excellent teacher subject knowledge and targeted, effective questioning. The school’s Core Values of ‘well-being’, ‘aspiration’ and ‘resilience’ underpin this policy and form the basis of our school ethos.
Arranging a visit to Edith Moorhouse Primary School
Please call the main office to arrange a visit of our school pn 01993 842372