Deputy Head Teacher
This job expired on 2 May 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
2 May 2023 at 9am
31 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
- L8 £52,659 - L12 £58,105
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for a leader who can inspire and influence a range of stakeholders and who:
- Is an outstanding practitioner, with particular experience around teaching early maths and English.
- Is committed to high standards of teaching and learning and the professional development of staff.
- Has excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Is innovative, inspirational and up to date with current educational research.
- Is enthusiastic and committed to a strong belief in teamwork.
- Is able to lead, challenge and motivate children and staff.
- Is committed to working with parents and the wider community.
- Is passionate about the children's learning, progression and welfare.
- Has experience of strategically developing the curriculum and approaches to teaching and learning in order to support high levels of progress and attainment.
Please note that there may be a requirement for a teaching commitment within this role.
What the school offers its staff
As a part of the CAT, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career across our Trust.
Celebrating eight years as a growing Multi Academy Trust, we were founded upon the values of Respect, Independence, Creativity and Inclusion.
We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity and are committed to helping each other ensure children and young people receive the best possible education.
- A thriving, successful school
- Motivated and well-behaved pupils
- Highly professional training and support to ensure excellent career development
- Supportive colleagues
- A committed team of staff and Governors
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
Further details about the role
Ferndown First School is part of the Castleman Academy Trust - a Trust which prides itself on putting children first, always and puts its values of Respect, Independence, Creativity and Inclusion at the heart of everything we do.
It is the staff in our academies who make our schools vibrant places of learning - who do all they can to make sure our children become confident individuals, successful learners and responsible citizens. Our staff want to make a real difference to the lives of the children they work with and are learners themselves who relish professional development opportunities.
Working in a Castleman Academy Trust school, you will be working with other forward thinkers who see possibilities and are optimistic. You will have the support of like-minded colleagues and together we will ensure everyone has a great work life balance.Being part of the Castleman Academy Trust means there are a whole host of opportunities for you to develop and flourish.
As Deputy Head Teacher at Ferndown First School, part of the Castleman Academy Trust, you will have the chance to help shape our school and deliver exciting education that inspires and develops the whole child.
Working with the Head Teacher, you will set the vision for the future of the school, ensuring we have the right people and plans in place to see that our young people – whatever their needs – leave the school achieving their full potential, feeling proud of what they have achieved and are ambitious for the next stage in their learning journey.
For further information, please contact the school office for a Candidate Information Pack on 01202 873747 or email email@example.com.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Ferndown First School
- School type
- Academy, ages 5 to 9
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 356 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 9
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Ferndown First School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01202 873747
Ferndown First School is part of the Castleman Academy Trust. We are a Yr R to Yr 4 First School with 360 pupils on roll.
Arranging a visit to Ferndown First School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Hordle CofE (VA) Primary School
Hordle Lane, Lymington, Hampshire, SO41 0FB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Dorset, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole