Deputy Head Teacher
Location: Holy Trinity Rosehill CofE VA Primary School, Upsall Grove, Fairfield Stockton-on –Tees TS197QU
Salary: Leadership 8-12
Closing Date: Thursday19th September 2019 12 noon
Contract Details: To start Monday 6th January 2020 permanent contract
Are you looking for a new, exciting challenge in our “outstanding” (SIAMs February 2018) church school?
Do you have the ability to motivate, manage and inspire the teaching staff within a primary school?
Have you a track record of monitoring and evaluating learning and teaching in order to develop future plans for the school and its children?
The Governing Body of our school are seeking to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic and creative Deputy Head Teacher with excellent leadership qualities. You would work closely with our Head Teacher and join our leadership team in moving our school forward at an exciting phase in our development.
The successful candidate needs to be energetic, forward thinking, ambitious and model outstanding classroom practice.
The expectation is that the successful applicant will:
• be committed to the Christian ethos and vision of our “outstanding” (SIAMs February 2018) church school
• have the ability to inspire, motivate and work as part of a team
• have high expectations of and be passionate about children’s well-being, learning and progress
• have vision and the energy to share in the leadership and management of our school
• have led development in their own school and be to demonstrate measurable impact
• have good interpersonal and communication skills
• be an effective professional role model within and beyond the classroom in order to raise standards across the curriculum
We can offer the successful candidate:
• hard working, superbly behaved children who enjoy school and rise to the challenges it provides
• a warm and welcoming working environment
• the opportunity to work within a team of enthusiastic, supportive staff and a Governing Body committed to school improvement
• dedicated leadership time and professional development opportunities
Our school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Visits to our school are strongly encouraged and very welcome. We would encourage you to visit when school is in session, however visits after school can also be arranged. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment with Mrs Andrea Swift our Head Teacher on 01642 581239.
Application forms are available from our school office via email. All application forms along with a covering letter of no more than 750 words must be submitted to the school by the closing date.
Closing date: Thursday 19th September 12 noon
Shortlisting date: Monday 23rd September
Interview date: Thursday 3rd October
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Evidence of commitment to own professional development
Excellent classroom teacher with a proven commitment to improving the quality of children’s learning with experience in more than one Key Stage
Evidence of successful leadership including School Improvement Planning and curriculum planning
About Holy Trinity Rosehill CofE Voluntary Aided Primary School
- Upsall Grove, Stockton-on-Tees, TS19 7QU
- LA Maintained School
- Holy Trinity Rosehill CofE Voluntary Aided Primary School website (opens in a new window)