L8 - L12
• To support the Head Teacher in shaping the strategic leadership and management of learning
and pupil development across the school.
• To work with staff and support curriculum development and innovation so that it meets the
needs and aspirations of the pupils of Portway Junior School
• Leading, managing and evaluating effective assessment to ensure positive pupil progress for all
• Work with the Head Teacher to raise the quality of teaching and learning and pupils’
achievement, setting high expectations and monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of
teaching and learning, including the analysis of performance data.
• To deputise for the Head teacher in their absence as required.
• The post holder is expected to support the School’s aims, vision and ethos, have a thorough
knowledge of the School’s policies and procedures and to reinforce these with all stakeholders
• The post holder is expected to monitor and evaluate the specific areas for which s/he is
responsible for in the context of the School’s ethos and vision.
• Create, maintain and enhance effective relationships with all stake holders
• To have an understanding of the school budget and finance processes.
• To be actively involved in Trust Deputy Heads’ Network and support other Trust network
Applying for the job
Please apply by email as outlined in the advertMore on how to apply
363 pupils enrolled
7 to 11
About Portway Junior School
Portway Junior School has a very special learning environment where we strive to build resilience and independence in our pupils. We are a friendly and supportive junior school with a strong and dedicated team and hope to offer you a variety of expertise and training to develop you. Our motto is ‘Aim high, do your best and never stop learning’ and applies to pupils and staff alike.
Arranging a visit to Portway Junior School
Candidates can contact the school on 01332 550113 to arrange a social distance compliant visit.
Robincroft Road, Derby, Derbyshire, DE22 2GL
Holbrook Church of England Primary School
Moorside Lane, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 0TW