Abbot's Lea School, Liverpool, Merseyside
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 18 to Lead Practitioners range 21, £61,808 to £66,517|
Are you an experienced and inspirational leader looking to join a large, outstanding, award-winning special school?
We are looking to appoint an experienced and motivated Deputy Headteacher who is a dedicated and innovative practitioner committed to achieving the best possible education for our students.
The school’s vision is to be an International Centre of Excellence in Autism Education, Research and Professional Development.
We are already an outstanding school (Ofsted, 2016) and a National Autistic Society Accredited School (NAS, 2017) and we aim to be the best specialist school in the world!
Our Philosophy of Education is known as The ASD Model © and this underpins our promotion of students’ holistic growth in three key areas:
1. Academic Progress
2. Specialist Therapeutic Support
3. Development of Life Skills
We address the individual learning needs of all our students and provide a broad and balanced curriculum. Our extensive in-house therapeutic provision, Autism Research and Development and our own Job Coaching section further enhance our educational work.
The role of the Deputy Headteacher is both challenging and rewarding and we are looking for a strong, experienced leader with the drive and enthusiasm needed to help turn our vision into reality and continue the development of the school.
The successful candidate should have previous leadership experience in a large school and experience in working within the field of special educational needs and Autism. Seeing all behaviours as a form of communication of needs is therefore a must.
You will be joining a very large, positive and enthusiastic staff team who work with inspirational students.
Essential educational requirements
Degree qualified (essential)
Qualified Teacher Status or recognised equivalent (essential)
Significant and current ongoing professional development in education and school leadership (essential)
Postgraduate qualifications in Special Education (desirable)
Essential skills and experience
1. Demonstrable experience of outstanding teaching of students with a wide range of special educational needs
2. Recent experience of working successfully as a leader in a large school
3. Proven experience and ability to effectively lead and manage large teams, including directing and securing compliance
4. Proven ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of audiences, including public presentations
5. Recent experience of designing, organising and running whole-school curriculum, extra-curricular functions, fundraising events and promotion of the school to the external stakeholders
6. Demonstrable experience of evidence and research-based practice leading to innovative cross-sector working
7. Evidence of relevant and recent experience of turning vision into effective and successful practice
8. Evidence of personal collaboration and its positive impact – within and outside of own organisation
Relocation package up to £8,000 negotiable.
You will be offered personalised CPD and coaching opportunities to help support you in your role.
|School type||Special School|
|Education phase||Not Applicable|
|School size||260 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Abbot's Lea School website (opens in a new window)|
About Abbot's Lea School
Beaconsfield Road, Liverpool, Merseyside, L25 6EE