|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 19 to Lead Practitioners range 23, £63,975 to £70,556|
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Closing date: 24 February 2020 (12.00 noon)
Job starts: 1 September 2020
Help us to shape the future of Catholic secondary education in Nottinghamshire
The Directors of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust are looking to appoint a new Deputy Headteacher to this high performing Catholic Secondary School from September 2020.
This post offers an exciting opportunity for those looking to develop their career and aspiring to Headship.
We can offer you:
• a school with an excellent reputation (OFSTED ‘Good’ 2017). A school that is consistently oversubscribed with first preferences
• enthusiastic and ambitious young people who are keen to learn
• schools which are fully staffed by a dedicated, well qualified teaching and support team committed to supporting the school and its students
• the benefits of The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance giving you access to first class CPD
opportunities and the opportunity to be able to lead CPD for the TSA
• a highly supportive and ambitious Governing Body and MAT leadership team
• a school on a sound financial footing
This is a reserved post which means that applicants must be practising Catholics.
Please consult the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham ‘Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practising Catholic’ for further information. A copy of this document is included as part of the application pack. Your application must give the name and contact details of the person from whom the Diocese will be able to obtain a faith reference
The successful candidates will:
• be a practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and a clear vision for Catholic Education
• have a proven track record of successful management and school improvement at Assistant Headteacher or middle leader level in a Catholic School (or at the same level but not currently working in a Catholic school)
• have the vision, drive and energy to initiate, lead and manage strategies to build on the current successes and achievements of the school.
• be passionate about ensuring that each student fulfils their unique potential and embrace the culture of our Trust which seeks the to facilitate the all round spiritual, social and academic development of all students
• be a confident, positive and visible senior leader with the ability to build relationships with staff, students, parents, Directors, Governors and a wide variety of external partners.
• constantly be looking ahead, working closely with the Headteacher to develop a compelling vision for the school that acts as the focus of all activity and drives improvement.
• be able to build successful teams and work collaboratively with others to achieve success.
• have the ability to drive yourself and others.
• be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance.
• actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences.
• place safeguarding at the heart of the school
The appointee will lead on the whole school curriculum. Experience of whole school timetabling will be a definite advantage.
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi Academy Trust
The Trust, which was formed in September 2018, brought together all existing MATs and Catholic Schools in Nottinghamshire into a single MAT covering 4 secondary schools and 17 primary schools. The advertised posts therefore offer an outstanding opportunity for the appointees to join a forward thinking and supportive organisation committed to providing the best possible education for all our young people.
To arrange a visit to the schools please contact Jane Ellis-Laycock, Office Manager, Ellis-Laycock.J@allsaints.notts.sch.uk
To obtain an application pack please visit https://www.ololcatholicmat.co.uk/vacancy/deputy-headteacher/
Closing date: Monday 24 February 2020 (12 noon)
The Trust, All Saints’ are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
Practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and a clear vision for Catholic Education
Proven track record of successful management and school improvement at Assistant Headteacher or middle leader level
Have the vision, drive and energy to initiate, lead and manage strategies to build on the current successes and achievements of the school
Excellent CPD opportunities through the Nottingham Teaching School AllianceMore on how to apply
|School type||Academy, Roman Catholic|
|School size||1056 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||All Saints Catholic Voluntary Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About All Saints Catholic Voluntary Academy
Broomhill Lane, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG19 6BW