- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- £62, 066 - £67,556 per annum (L11 – L15)
Allfarthing is inviting applications from highly motivated senior leaders to take up the position of Deputy Headteacher from Summer 2022.
We are seeking passionate, enthusiastic candidates who are excellent classroom practitioners.
• A chance to thrive in a highly ambitious school, working in partnership with a Headteacher who is passionate and determined to continue the school’s journey to excellence.
• A school with a clear vision to be the school of choice within the area, underpinned by the school’s motto of ‘Excellence for All’.
• A team dedicated to constant improvement, innovation and evaluation.
• A senior leadership team that has a desire to ensure the school is the best it can be.
• Motivated children who are keen to learn and are enthusiastic about school.
• Dynamic, interested and enthused staff.
• Genuine value and support of staff well-being with concepts already in place i.e. paid wellbeing days, staff wellbeing events and a wellbeing committee.
• A highly supportive governing body.
• Great facilities, housed in a large Victorian building.
• The school has excellent travel links (Wandsworth Town, Clapham Junction and Earlsfield stations are nearby) plus there is free parking available on site.
• Excellent partnerships with parents, local schools and organisations. Our PTA raises vital funds for the school, which have a direct impact on the children's education.
What we are looking for:
• A strategic, creative and forward thinker, with the drive and enthusiasm to continue to promote and develop the highest expectations of teaching and learning across the school.
• An individual with a strong commitment to school improvement and a clear determination to achieve and maintain educational excellence whilst promoting inclusion and diversity through strategic planning.
• An excellent communicator who works inclusively with all stakeholders.
• Someone who has excellent interpersonal skills and is a reflective practitioner, has a sense of humour and a good understanding of emotional intelligence.
• An individual of high standards and expectations of both themselves and others. A commitment to maintain and develop these through continuous school improvement.
• Someone who inspires and motivates staff and children.
This will be a non class based role, but with regular contact in the classroom.
Applying for the job
The application pack contains a letter from our Headteacher, job description and personal specification. More information about our school is available on our twitter feed and website www.allfarthing.org.uk
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below or an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
Alternatively, contact Debbie Tyson-Gooden, School Business Manager, by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or on the number below for application pack or for more information.
Completed application forms should be returned to the school either by email email@example.com or post.
Applicants are encouraged to address the person specification.
Closing date: 24 January 2022 (4pm)
Interviews: Week commencing 7th February 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
CVs are not accepted. No agencies please.
Allfarthing Primary School
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
St Ann’s Crescent, Wandsworth
London, SW18 2LR
Tel: 020 8874 1301
Group 3 Roll 403, Age 3 - 11
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 398 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Allfarthing Primary School
Allfarthing is a thriving two form entry school based in Wandsworth. We see ourselves as a forward thinking, supportive school; one where children have a real desire to learn and are enthusiastic, and a respectful atmosphere exists between children and between adults.
Arranging a visit to Allfarthing Primary School
Visits are warmly encouraged and our Headteacher will be available on:
• Tuesday 11th January (am)
• Thursday 13th January (am)
• Tuesday 18th January (pm)
Please contact the school business manager, Debbie Tyson-Gooden, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0208 874 1301 to arrange a visit or for further information regarding the post.