26 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
17 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
17 March 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - 100%
- Leadership Pay Scale - Point L10-L14
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for two passionate and enthusiastic Deputy Headteachers to provide additional leadership capacity at Alton Park Junior School. The successful candidates will be someone who is committed to achieving the highest possible standards and acts in line with the Trust's and schools' vision, mission and values.
The position will suit you if you have recent comprehensive school experience of leadership at senior leader level or hold a post of equivalent responsibility within the education sector.
At Alton Park Junior School, we are a school with a strong sense of community and high aspirations where everyone aims to live up to our school rules of ‘be kind, be safe, be responsible, be ready’.
We are committed to preparing the children for lifelong learning, through developing the skills and knowledge they will need for their next steps in learning.
We place great emphasis on everyone feeling safe, happy and valued and have high expectations for the behaviour of the children and a strong pastoral team who support pupil well-being.
As Deputy Headteacher you will have the opportunity to support the Headteacher to shape the direction of our school, develop innovative strategies to improve teaching, learning, and provide inspirational leadership to our staff and pupils.
What the school offers its staff
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Alton Park Junior School?
We can offer you:
- A Competitive Salary.
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish.
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships.
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Perkbox, and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms.
Further details about the role
We're looking for you if you have:
- The ability to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower teams and individuals to achieve high goals.
- Experience of leading learning to demonstrate, promote and encourage outstanding classroom practice.
- Ability to establish and maintain a culture and ethos that promotes effective collaboration, excellence, equality and high expectations of all students and staff.
- Significant experience at senior leadership level and therefore the ability to work in a wide range of roles, such as being the lead for teaching and learning across the school or the pastoral lead across the school.
- A TPP approach and the ability to create and maintain an inclusive ethos and positive climate for behaviour and learning across the school.
- Experience with safeguarding across a whole school demonstrating a commitment to keeping children and young people safe.
- Substantial and sustained professional development in support of leadership at senior/whole school level.
- Ability to inspire and motivate pupils and staff.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Alton Park Junior School
- School type
- Academy, ages 7 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 427 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 7 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01255 750913
Arranging a visit to Alton Park Junior School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Orwell Multi Academy Trust
Prince Of Wales Drive, Ipswich, IP2 8PY
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed