Deputy Headteacher and SENDCO (in the first instance) - Parkfield Community School
The Deputy Headteacher will be responsible for working with and supporting the Headteacher on the following school leadership and management areas. This will involve accepting responsibility for aspects of these key areas:
1. Strategic direction and development of the school.
2. Teaching and learning.
3. Leading and managing staff.
4. Efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources.
6. Deputise for the Headteacher in their absence along with other specific duties.
Visits to the school are welcomed to book an appointment please call 0121 464 1131.
Essential educational requirements
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Professional development in preparation for a leadership role
- recent training in relation to inclusion and safeguarding
- SENDCO qualification
Essential skills and experience
- Working knowledge of SEN code of practice.
- Successful leadership and management experience in a school with proven successful impact.
- Proven experience of leading an initiative that had measurable impact on pupils learning.
- A proven track record in improving the quality of teaching.
- Teaching experience across all key stages including end of key stage assessments.
- Involvement in school self-evaluation and development planning.
- Line management experience.
- Experience of contributing to staff development.
- Experience of community engagement.
- Evidence of showing an interest in pupils with special needs.
- Experience of working with pupils with special needs and other key groups of pupils (e.g. EAL, Gifted and Talented, Looked After or those on the Child Protection Register).
- Knowledge of working with outside agencies.
About Parkfield Community School
- Parkfield Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B8 3AX
- Parkfield Community School website (opens in a new window)