Archibald First School is looking to appoint a leader who:
• Has proven experience of leadership at a senior level within a primary school
• Has significant experience of monitoring and evaluating whole school performance and effectiveness, including teaching and learning and a key curriculum area
• Leads by example with integrity, positivity, resilience and clarity
• Is highly skilled and motivated
• Effectively manages their own behaviour and relationships with others to provide appropriate support and challenge
• Has experience of self-evaluation and has demonstrated commitment, engagement and involvement in the school development planning process.
As a Class Teacher we are looking for this leader to be:
• An exceptional and innovative classroom practitioner with a proven track record across the primary phase
• An inclusive practitioner with ambitious standards and high expectations for all pupils
• Forward-thinking, passionate and committed to enabling high-quality learning experiences
• Able to balance the demands of being a class teacher with those of being a leader
• A collaborative member of the school team
Essential educational requirements
A record of continuous professional development that includes training to support a leadership role
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Demonstrable track record of excellent teaching practice, which successfully impacted on learner outcomes for all pupils.
Evidence of a commitment to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children.
Evidence, of successful leadership in a senior post in a primary school.
Ability to provide strong leadership and effectively manage a team of staff.
Models good practice and leads by example with integrity, positivity, resilience and clarity.
Proven ability of leading a key curriculum area including on-going monitoring and evaluation of the impact across the primary age range.
Evidence of knowledge and understanding of current, national and local education policy, curriculum and management issues and their significance for the leadership and management of the school.
Evidence of on-going professional development.
Ability to balance the roles of being a class teacher and a senior leader.
Archibald First School can offer you:
• A supportive Headteacher and Governing Body
• A dedicated staff team
• Happy, enthusiastic children
• Supportive parents
• An inclusive working environment
• Collaborative working with the Gosforth Schools’ Trust
About Archibald First School
Archibald First School is a larger than average first school serving the Gosforth area in Newcastle Upon Tyne. As a two form entry school, we have 352 children on role which includes 52 part time places within our Nursery. Archibald First school and 10 other schools, including two middle schools, make up the Gosforth Schools' Trust
- Archibald Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE3 1EB
- LA Maintained School
- Archibald First School website (opens in a new window)