Leadership Pay Range 18 – 22
£62,426 - £68,851
The Board of Governors at Audenshaw School wish to appoint a Deputy Headteacher with proven leadership and management skills to join our highly effective Leadership Team. The post has become available after the recent promotion of our Deputy Headteacher to a Headteacher post. The candidate will play a key role in ensuring high quality leadership provision for the school.
Candidates must already hold a Senior Leadership post of Assistant Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher and have the capacity to drive continued, rapid school improvement, lead staff and have clear impact on student outcomes. The post will carry specific responsibilities in a variety of areas that will benefit the team and the school; these will be discussed with candidates during the interview process. This post will provide an ideal opportunity for preparation for Headship.
Start date – Easter 2020
Audenshaw School is an 11 -16 all boys’ single converter academy. It is a successful and oversubscribed school with over 1,000 students on roll.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant’s appointment will be subject to satisfactory enhanced clearance by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Application forms can be downloaded from the School website www.audenshawschool.org.uk/ or by contacting the Human Resources Department on 0161-336 2133 or email@example.com.
Fully completed application forms should be returned to the School either by post or email.
The School does not accept CVs and only competed application forms will be considered.
Visits to the School are warmly encouraged and can be arranged with the Human Resources Department.
The closing date for the vacancy is: 9.00am Friday 24 January 2020
Interviews will be held: Wednesday 29 January and Thursday 30 January 2020.
Essential educational requirements
• Good honours degree
• Qualified teacher status
• Evidence of commitment to own professional development
• Senior leadership and management experience
• Successful teaching experience across the secondary age range
• Successful experience of planning for school improvement, with a clear commitment to review and monitoring, including self evaluation strategies
• Successful experience of managing change in an educational situation and an understanding of whole school issues, and of leading whole school initiatives
• Experience of using assessment data to support school improvement
• Experience of raising standards through leading staff development
• Experience of whole school curriculum management leading to school improvement
• Highly successful experience of leading and managing whole school developments in a number of areas regarding teaching & learning and raising standards of attainment and achievement across the school
• Experience of having led whole school initiatives
• Ability to use ICT effectively both to support student’s learning and to communicate and evaluate data
Essential skills and experience
• Experience of conducting staff induction, mentoring and performance management
• Ability to demonstrate sound balanced judgement with decisiveness, flexibility and integrity
• Flexible and willing to undertake a range of tasks
• The ability to think strategically and analytically
• The ability and motivation to constantly improve own practice and knowledge through self evaluation and learning from others
• The ability to support colleagues
• Strong organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Personal resilience and enthusiasm
• An ability to keep things in perspective
• Understanding the accountability of the role
• Understanding of effective techniques and policies for behaviour management
• Ability to contribute to strategic planning
• Ability to set, prioritise and meet challenging targets and deadlines, for students and the school, and to enable others to do this
About Audenshaw School
- Hazel Street, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M34 5NB
- Audenshaw School website (opens in a new window)