Deputy Headteacher (Behaviour & Attitudes)
You will be joining an experienced senior leadership team with the highest commitment to providing the very best education and care to each student. The areas of responsibility for the successful candidate will be primarily centred on student care, welfare and behaviour & attitudes, although the person taking up the post must have the knowledge, experience and flexibility to undertake any reasonable leadership brief as and when the need arises.
The post would most likely suit a candidate who has significant, recent and relevant experience of a personal development, behaviour and welfare/behaviour and attitudes brief at leadership level and is looking to broaden their professional development at Deputy Headteacher level.
Essential educational requirements
Level 6 qualified (e.g. BA, BSc etc)
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
Evidence of recent and relevant professional development in preparation for a Deputy Headship
Essential skills and experience
- High level competence in software and MIS allied to the work of a
- Understanding of effective teaching and learning, and the ability to
model this for others and support others to improve
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively, often in an
environment with competing and conflicting deadlines
- Recent and successful experience of building and leading teams
- Highly effective intrapersonal and interpersonal skills
- Highly effective written communication skills
- Ability to communicate and model the school vision and values and
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- The ability to prioritise work tasks and to keep ‘a strategic eye’
- Recent and relevant experience in the areas of leadership practice
and accountability in the areas defined by Ofsted as:
- Pre-September 2019 - Personal development, behaviour and
Post-September 2019 - Behaviour & Attitudes.
About Tadcaster Grammar School
TGS is a great place to work and a fantastic place to come to school! TGS is not just another school; it is a thriving, successful and energetic community where all adults work with a common purpose; to ensure the very best for all our students.
- Toulston, Tadcaster, North Yorkshire, LS24 9NB
- Tadcaster Grammar School website (opens in a new window)