This job expired on 23 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
23 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
9 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
- L3 to L7, Inner London
What skills and experience we're looking for
Main purpose of the role:
- Supporting the Headteacher and Executive Headteacher in the day to day leadership and management of the school.
- Deputising in the absence of the Headteacher/ Executive Headteacher.
- To support and develop teachers and teaching in order to continue the outstanding practice at Belleville.
The perfect candidate will be a model primary practitioner, who will support and develop our teachers and play a leading role in the continual improvement of teaching and learning across the school.
You will have experience of:
- Successful primary teaching
- Raising levels of educational achievement
- Developing teaching and learning
- Curriculum development and innovation
- Staff deployment, development and training
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with parents and carers
- Working co-operatively with the wider school community/other stakeholders.
Please read our Q1E Deputy Head information pack for more details about the role, and/or contact us for a chat.
What the school offers its staff
Belleville is one of four London primary schools in the Q1E Trust.We have recently been inspected by Ofsted (March 2022) and found once again to be Outstanding.
Ofsted (2022) say:
- "Pupils thrive at Belleville. They speak with enthusiasm about the rich curriculum they learn. Pupils behave very well and engage positively with their learning."
- "Staff are proud to work at Belleville. They receive extensive professional development. They feel their workload is well managed by leaders who welcome their input on how the school operates. Teachers at the very beginning of their career feel especially well supported."
Belleville is a large, successful, popular school with over 900 pupils on two sites near Clapham Common. We have a fantastic staff team and a supportive parent/carer community.We are in a vibrant local area with excellent transport links. Our proximity to Clapham Junction gives us easy access to central London and out across the south of England.
We offer a high quality, well-resourced and carefully structured provision, within an excellent broad and balanced curriculum. Children achieve very well, with attainment well above local and national averages.High quality specialist teachers are employed to teach PE, art, computing, music and French. We strive to meet the needs of all children – doing ‘Whatever It Takes’ to help children fulfil their potential.
The Q1E trust
Q1E provides clear structures, excellent resources and outstanding professional development for staff. Those new to the Trust receive pre-induction training before starting in post. We are an outward facing trust and we believe in learning from the best schools and systems - you will have lots of opportunity to get involved in wider projects across (and beyond) our dynamic Trust.
Further details about the role
Please read the attached Q1E Deputy Head information pack for more information about the fantastic support and opportunities we offer, as well as the job description and person specification for this role.
Visit us: We encourage you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to visit Belleville before you apply, and/or have a chat with our Head or Executive Head about the role. You can also watch our 'virtual tour' video on the school website!
Apply: Please submit your completed application and equal opportunities monitoring form by email directly to email@example.com by noon on Thursday 23rd March. We do not accept CVs.
Please note that all our posts are subject to a full DBS check with a barred list check. It is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children.
If you share our drive to provide an excellent quality first education for all, we really hope to hear from you.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Belleville Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 919 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Belleville Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Belleville Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Harris Primary Academy East Dulwich
173 Lordship Lane, London, SE22 8HA
Endeavour Co-Operative Academy
Hogarth Avenue, Brentwood, Essex, CM15 8BE
Deputy Head of School, Manor Mead Virginia Water
Manor Mead School
Laleham Road, Shepperton, TW17 8EL
St John Fisher Catholic Primary School
Burney Drive, Loughton, Essex, IG10 2DY
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London