An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and inspirational Deputy Headteacher, to work with the senior leadership team, to collaboratively take the school onto the next stage of its improvement journey.
Bude is a beautiful part of the country and Budehaven is located at the heart of the town and our community. We work incredibly hard to build and maintain relationships with our community, and we strive to ensure that our reputation across Bude and beyond is positive.
Our school’s ethos is built on care and respect, and this is what we expect of all staff and students, alike.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who:
• is a proactive and developmental leader, able to ensure positive and impactful personal development provision for all students from Years 7 to 13, by removing barriers to personal development and providing opportunities for all.
• can develop, lead and evaluate behavior systems across school so they are effective and show an improvement in behavior over time
• is proactive and strategic in their approach to parental engagement protocols, and their implementation across the community and beyond, with a clear impact on communication streams in the school
• is able to develop and lead whole school strategies to ensure the elimination of bullying, discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited by or under the Equality Act 2010, and advance equality of opportunity between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it, fostering good relations between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it
• is able to lead a whole school strategy of providing the best possible opportunities for disadvantaged students, ensuring the effective deployment of the Pupil Premium at all levels, with clear impact measures
• has a track record of outstanding leadership with the determination and talent to inspire and empower our young people and staff to be the best they can be
• has a real commitment to the well-being of students and staff
We can offer:
• Students who are welcoming, well behaved and curious young people
• The support of an experienced governing body and a dedicated team of staff and leaders
• A school that is at the heart of its community and is well respected
• Continued Professional Development tailored to support you as you develop within your role
• A school that has innovative education and health care links
• A successful sixth form with students who go onto top universities
For more details about the school including how to apply, the role and requirements, or for an appointment to visit the school, please visit the school website or TES jobs online.
Application is via completion of an application form with a supporting statement, no more than two sides of A4, Calibri 11 font.
Applications should be returned to email@example.com by 5.00pm on Tuesday 20th April 2021.
All applicants will be notified of outcomes by Thursday 22nd April 2021 and interviews will be held on Tuesday 27th April 2021.
Budehaven Community School is committed to safeguarding children and all appointments will be subject to a satisfactory and current enhanced disclosure and barring check.
Applying for the job
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like request an application pack or go to our website via the link below.More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
1149 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Budehaven Community School
Budehaven is a popular comprehensive school located on the beautiful north Cornwall coast. We provide education to 1181 students from Ages 11 to 19. We have a thriving Sixth Form of 167 students, an Integrated Health Centre and Community Leisure Centre.
We are judged by Ofsted to be a good school (Ofsted, March 2017). We offer an exceptional working and learning environment where kindness, respect, trust and ambition play a central role in our vision. We are ambitious for our students academically and for their development into curious young people, who go beyond their locality and look at the world in wonder, becoming thoughtful and productive members of society. We are looking for someone to join our school, who shares this aspiration.
If you are appointed to this post, we will support you with an excellent induction programme. This is for both experienced and new entrants to the profession and is led by one of our Assistant Headteachers. We work very closely with Dartmoor Teaching School Alliance to ensure that our newly qualified and recently qualified teachers are well supported and receive bespoke training
Arranging a visit to Budehaven Community School
Please email email@example.com if you would like to arrange a visit to the school