School: Christ the King Catholic Voluntary Academy
Location: Arnold, Nottingham
Salary: L19 – L23
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Closing date: 24 February 2020 (12.00 noon)
Job starts: 1 September 2020
Help us to shape the future of Catholic secondary education in Nottinghamshire
The Directors of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust are looking to appoint a new Deputy Headteacher to this high performing Catholic Secondary School from September 2020.
This post offers an exciting opportunity for those looking to develop their career and aspiring to Headship.
We can offer you:
• A School with an excellent reputation (OFSTED ‘Good’ 2018). Christ the King is a school that is consistently oversubscribed with first preferences
• enthusiastic and ambitious young people who are keen to learn
• a school which is fully staffed by a dedicated, well qualified teaching and support
• a team committed to supporting the school and its students
• the benefits of The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance giving you access to first class CPD opportunities and the opportunity to be able to lead CPD for the TSA
• a highly supportive and ambitious Governing Body and MAT leadership team
• a school on a sound financial footing
This is a reserved post which means that applicants must be practising Catholics.
Please consult the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham ‘Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practising Catholic’ for further information. A copy of this document is included as part of the application pack. Your application must give the name and contact details of the person from whom the Diocese will be able to obtain a faith reference
The successful candidate will:
• be a practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and a clear vision for Catholic Education
• have a proven track record of successful management and school improvement at Assistant Headteacher or middle leader level in a Catholic School (or at the same level but not currently working in a Catholic school)
• have the vision, drive and energy to initiate, lead and manage strategies to build on the current successes and achievements of the school.
• be passionate about ensuring that each student fulfils their unique potential and embrace the culture of our Trust which seeks the to facilitate the all-round spiritual, social and academic development of all students
• be a confident, positive and visible senior leader with the ability to build relationships with staff, students, parents, Directors, Governors and a wide variety of external partners.
• constantly be looking ahead, working closely with the Headteacher to develop a compelling vision for the school that acts as the focus of all activity and drives improvement.
• be able to build successful teams and work collaboratively with others to achieve success.
• have the ability to drive yourself and others.
• be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance.
• actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences.
• place safeguarding at the heart of the school
• have the ability to lead on the whole school curriculum
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi Academy Trust
The Trust, which was formed in September 2018, brought together all existing MATs and Catholic Schools in Nottinghamshire into a single MAT covering 4 secondary schools and 17 primary schools. The advertised posts therefore offer an outstanding opportunity for the appointees to join a forward thinking and supportive organisation committed to providing the best possible education for all our young people.
To arrange a visit to the school please contact Ann Burton, PA to the Headteacher, ABurton@christtheking.notts.sch.uk
To obtain an application pack please visit https://www.ololcatholicmat.co.uk/vacancy/deputy-headteacher-christ-the-king/
Closing date: Monday 24 February 2020 (12 noon)
The Trust and Christ the King School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and a clear vision for Catholic Education
Proven track record of successful management and school improvement at Assistant Headteacher or middle leader level
Have the vision, drive and energy to initiate, lead and manage strategies to build on the current successes and achievements of the school
Excellent CPD opportunities through the Nottingham Teaching School Alliance
About Christ The King Voluntary Academy
Christ the King is a welcoming and successful 11-18 academy providing a Catholic education in Arnold, Nottingham. We strive to ensure that each young person is safe, happy and successful and we pride ourselves on providing an excellent educational experience for all students which is underpinned by our mission which is ‘To provide the best education and care we can for all members of our Living Faith Community’. We promote the highest possible standards in pastoral care, self-belief, behaviour and uniform. There are clear guidelines for what is expected of each individual and how everyone can make a positive contribution to both our school community and to the wider community. We are extremely proud of the outcomes from our visit from Ofsted and I would encourage you to read the specific details which celebrate many aspects of the School’s provision offered to our young people.
- Darlton Drive, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 7JZ
- Christ The King Voluntary Academy website (opens in a new window)