Key Purpose of Role
• Work with the Leadership Team to drive the strategic ambition for the school in its community.
• Play a central role promoting our positive ethos which reflects the school’s on-going commitment to outstanding achievement, teaching and learning and good relationships with pupils, staff, parents, governors and the local community.
• Support the Head Teacher with devising and monitoring the School Development Plan within the local, national and international context.
• Support and deputise for the Head Teacher across all aspects of school life.
Essential educational requirements
Educated to degree level
Qualified Teacher Status
Evidence of continuing and recent professional development relevant to the post
Further professional qualification e.g. NPQSL, NQPH or MA desirable
Essential skills and experience
Substantial and successful primary leadership experience across the primary age range
Experience of working in a large primary school
Successful leadership, management and monitoring of whole school assessment
Proven record of leading successful school improvement initiatives
Experience in closing the gap for disadvantaged pupils
Experience of policy and decision making at senior level
Strong record of planning and delivery of CPD
Experience of working in a school with outstanding practice
Experience of promoting the school to all stakeholders through a range of communication strategies
About Collis Primary School
Community Nursery and Primary School
- Fairfax Road, Teddington, TW11 9BS
- LA Maintained School
- Collis Primary School website (opens in a new window)