|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 9 to Lead Practitioners range 13, £50,026 to £55,202|
Post: Deputy Head teacher
Salary: L9 – L13 (£50,026 - £55,202)
Hours: Full time
Required from: September 2020
Term of contract: Permanent
Are you ready for your next leadership challenge?
Comberton Primary school is a successful, happy school where pupils thrive. Due to the retirement of our current deputy head, we are looking for a dynamic and caring leader to become part of our dedicated team.
The successful candidate will provide inspirational leadership to pupils, staff and families as well embracing the ethos and intent of our school. The post is non-teaching and our deputy will lead key aspects of school development that may include safeguarding, the curriculum, teaching and learning or SEND (depending on candidates’ strengths and experiences).
Our most recent Ofsted inspection (January 2020) recognised that:
• Pupils thrive at this happy school. They are safe and well cared for. They develop positive attitudes to learning and behave well. Pupils work and play together happily and treat adults and each other with respect.
• The headteacher has created a united and hard-working team. Staff have high expectations of pupils and want the best for them, and this pays off.
• Parents and carers are full of praise for the school.
• Pupils enjoy all aspects of school life, including the wide range of clubs, trips and events on offer.
• Pupils’ attainment in reading, writing and mathematics is above the national average at the end of key stages1 and 2.
• Staff are positive about the support they receive from leaders. All are proud to be part of the school.
• Pupil safety is of paramount importance to all adults and is taken very seriously.
An Application form along with a job description and person specification can be obtained from the school office or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Visits to school: Visits to the school are strongly recommended. To arrange a visit please contact the school on (01562) 754704 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Wednesday 4th March at 12.00pm
Date of Interview: Friday 13th March (all day)
Essential educational requirements
Honours Degree or equivalent including Qualified Teacher Status.
Relevant, recent training in aspects of safeguarding, learning and teaching, assessment and the Curriculum.
Training in wider school focuses: behaviour management, health and safety, GDPR.
Commitment to continued professional development.
Essential skills and experience
Successful teaching experience across the primary age range.
Knowledge and implementation of effective pedagogical practices and the National Curriculum.
Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding the welfare of pupils.
Effective behaviour management strategies.
Knowledge of current education priorities and the implication of these on schools.
Clear and working understanding of child protection and safeguarding guidance.
A role in formulating, implementing and measuring the impact of delegated aspects of school improvement.
Experience of leading, developing and enhancing the practise of others through monitoring the quality of teaching and learning.
Experience of supporting staff to improve their practice through coaching/mentoring.
Experience of leading a subject/phase or team with evidence of raising standards in present role.
Understanding and commitment to promoting good mental health and emotional wellbeing of the whole school community.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||441 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Comberton Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Comberton Primary School
Borrington Road, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY10 3ED