Qualifications and CPD
- Good honours degree.
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Substantial successful teaching experience in
- Significant leadership experience as an
Assistant or Deputy Headteacher, with a track record of successfully
implementing change with a positive impact on student performance.
- Proven skills and experience in strategic
Continuous professional development relevant to
- Excellent teaching skills.
- Ability to lead by example with the highest
- Demonstrates integrity and consistency of judgement.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build
relationships when engaging with students, parents/carers, staff, governors and
the wider community.
- Strong planning and organisational skills and ability
to remain calm and effective under pressure.
- A strong work ethic and high degree of
- Proven, sound decision-making and problem-solving
skills, with a successful record of raising individual pupil achievement and
- Knowledge of
current educational issues, including developments in public examinations,
teaching and learning and curriculum design.
- Ability to articulate a vision and demonstrate
attention to detail.
- Innovative with the intellect to initiate and manage
Strong IT skills.
- A visible style of leadership with the charisma
and energy to lead by example and motivate and inspire the whole school community.
- A strong sense of personal integrity, high
emotional intelligence and good judgment.
- Positive and approachable with a commitment to
equal opportunities and high achievement.
- A belief and commitment to the school’s values.
- A curiosity for learning and willingness to seek
- Commitment to the continuous development of
individuals and the school.
- Commitment to providing a safe and secure
environment for all.
- Practical understanding of the processes and
procedures relating to child protection, Prevent, safeguarding and safer
- Understands the impact of current, contextual
safeguarding issues and strategies to help students to stay safe.
- Understands the support required to ensure that
the academic, personal and social needs of CLA and formerly CLA are fully met.
and understanding of health and safety issues.
to report to the Curriculum Committee and be accountable to the Governing
to work with the Governing Board, meet with link governors, providing
information to enable the
Governing Board to meet its responsibilities.
- Ability to work with members of the
senior leadership team who attend sub-committee meetings.
- Evidence of being a role-model with regard to
teaching and learning whilst in a senior or middle leadership role.
- Ability to continuously monitor and evaluate
performance in order to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
- Experience of managing and developing teaching,
learning and curricula in Departments/Subject Areas/Faculties within Years
- Evidence of raising educational standards and
- Evidence of providing vision, sense of purpose
and the highest aspirations with a determined focus on student achievement and
understanding of maximising learning for all groups of students eg Pupil
Premium, SEND and English as an additional language.
with and developing staff
and Management of the School
- A track record of leading, managing, and inspiring
staff, with the ability to manage change and
ensure broader buy-in for leadership vision and strategic plans.
- A high-profile role model with a professional
approach that demands excellence and commands the confidence, trust and respect
of the school and wider community.
- Experience of staff development to raise
standards and promote equality, diversity and to maximise opportunities for
- Ability to inspire and maintain high
morale, address issues and resolve conflict by applying skills of arbitration
in the context of persistently pursuing accountability.
- Experience of self-evaluation and school
development planning, and a strong track record of implementing and managing aspects
of school improvement.
understanding of the freedoms and constraints of Single Academy Trust status.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job post has expired.