Braunton Academy seeks a visionary and exceptional individual to lead and inspire the teaching and learning agenda across the Academy. The successful candidate will hold the highest standards of academic expectations for all students. You will play an active and influential role in all aspects of school leadership.
This is an exciting position for a suitably qualified candidate and you will be part of a forward thinking and successful Senior Leadership team. Our Academy is greatly respected within the local community and is routinely over-subscribed.
Braunton Academy is determined to be one of the very best schools in Devon. We have a culture where the highest standards are expected of everyone in our learning community and we take a great pride in our students’ achievements. The teaching and support staff are a highly committed team with great skills and expertise. Both students and staff are exceptionally well supported and given every opportunity to aspire and achieve.
The successful candidate will be a reflective practitioner able to evaluate practice and embed a process of continuous improvement. You will have a high level of leadership and management skills and be totally committed to improving the life chances of all of our students. You will receive support and guidance where appropriate, but ultimately will have the autonomy to lead your main areas of responsibility.
You will have
1. A proven track record of success in raising progress and attainment of learners/students.
2. Outstanding teaching ability.
3. High expectations of all and commitment to all aspects of school life.
4. An open and collaborative approach to leadership.
5. The ability to inspire, engage and communicate with learners/students, staff and parents/carers.
6. Flexibility, energy and imagination.
7. Middle Leader experience.
8. Passion and drive to help the academy realise its vision.
We will offer you
• An outstanding, positive ethos, where learners/students enjoy, aspire and achieve.
• A school genuinely at the heart of its community.
• Staff and Governors who are committed, talented and highly motivated.
• First class learning facilities.
• A commitment to support all staff through CPD opportunities, in both their existing responsibilities and their aspirations for their future careers.
• An enviable lifestyle living in beautiful North Devon.
This is an exciting time to join Braunton Academy! Our vision is about securing the futures of all of our students and sustaining high quality provision for generations to come. We look forward to you joining us to work with parents, carers and the wider school community to realise this vision.
Applying for the job
If you are interested in applying for the post, please download an Academy application form from the Recruitment section of our website at www.braunton.academy
Please complete the application form together with a full letter of application addressed to Mr M. Cammack, Principal, of no more than 2 sides of A4, font 11, by 12.00pm on Monday 3rd May 2021.
Applications may be emailed to email@example.com or may be posted to Alice Hellmund, H.R./Admin Systems Manager at Braunton Academy, Barton Lane, Braunton, North Devon EX33 2BP.
Interviews will be held on Monday 17th and Tuesday 18th May (two day interview process).More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
736 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Braunton Academy
Braunton Academy is a place where everyone is supported to succeed and it is a delightful place to learn and to work: Braunton is at the heart of North Devon’s Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, meaning you are never too far from the best of our beautiful golden beaches, exhilarating coastal walks, and a host of pretty seaside towns and villages.
Arranging a visit to Braunton Academy
If you would like to visit Braunton Academy, please contact Alice Hellmund either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01271 812221.
Please note Covid restrictions will apply.