Are you an experienced leader, innovator and practitioner who has had a demonstrable impact on learning and sees the needs of the individual as a priority?
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Deputy Head Teacher who:
• has proven leadership and management skills at a senior level in an educational setting for pupils with diverse needs to maximize opportunities for all, can ensure the effective day to day organisation of the school and can deliver and develop a high quality of education for all pupils, continually improving standards of learning and teaching across the school.
• can work in partnership with the Headteacher, members of the leadership team, Governing Body and other stakeholders to create a clear vision, direction and operational framework for the school.
• is forward thinking and creative in their approach to school leadership, committed to making a strong contribution to the development of the school and the development of staff.
• can build effective, positive relationships and work collaboratively with all stakeholders including parents/carers, therapy teams and other specialist services to support the development of the pupils and ensure the best outcomes possible.
The above position offers an exciting, challenging and rewarding opportunity to be part of the continuing development of our special school which currently caters for 156 (soon to grow to 175) fantastic students aged 4-18 who have a wide range of learning needs, PMLD, SLD, MLD and complex learning difficulties; with additional needs such ASD and SLCN. A number of students also have associated social emotional and mental health needs.
The school has recently entered a significant transitional phase and benefits from a committed leadership team with a very clear vision for school improvement. This opportunity would offer the successful candidate and exciting leadership challenge to be part of that journey and the ability to make real differences to the lives our wonderful young people.
Creating Tomorrow Academies Trust are committed to the welfare and wellbeing of everyone and is determined to become an employer of choice. To support this, all staff are provided extensive wellbeing and perks benefits.
Visits are welcome by prior arrangement with the Headteacher. If you have an unwavering commitment to safeguarding young people, high levels of personal resilience and thrive on challenge, then we want to hear from you.
Essential educational requirements
Further qualification in a related area e.g. MEd, MA, MBA
Qualified Teacher Status
National Professional Qualification of Headship (NPQH)
Essential skills and experience
Experience of working with students with a range of type and degree of SEN.
At least 3 years senior leadership experience in a special needs provision.
Successful teaching experience within a special needs setting.
Experience of supporting students with social and emotional difficulties.
Experience of being a Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Wellbeing and perks package
About Daventry Hill School
An all-through Special School
- Ashby Road, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN11 0QE
- Not Applicable
- Free School
- Daventry Hill School website (opens in a new window)