(L12-L16) Salary: £58,105 -
Responsible to: Head teacher (0.2- 0.4 FTE teaching commitment)
Job purpose: to share in
the leadership and the corporate responsibility of the school. The post holder
has a key role to play in developing and managing the implementation of the school’s
policies in relation to Safeguarding, Curriculum Development/Teaching and
Learning and Continued Professional Development, including professional Tutor. The role is to oversee the school’s provision
in the above areas in relation to staff’s training needs, as well as promote
approaches that raise the quality and achievements of education for all pupils.
The post holder would be recognised as being a member of the Senior Leadership
Responsible for: Coordinating the strategic direction,
development and provision of Safeguarding, the quality of teaching and learning
and all aspects of CPD within the school.
The duties outlined in this job description are in
addition to those covered by the latest School Teachers' Pay and Conditions
Document. It may be modified by the head teacher, with your agreement, to
reflect or anticipate changes in the job, commensurate with the salary and job
- Support and secure the commitment of others to
the vision, ethos and policies of the school and promote high levels of
achievement in the school
- Support the creation and implementation of the
school strategic plan and to take responsibility for appropriately delegated
aspects of it
- Support all staff in achieving the priorities
and targets that the school sets and monitor the progress of staff towards them
- Support the evaluation of the effectiveness of
the school’s policies and developments and analyse their impact of the school.
and Managing Staff (including CPD)
Deployment of Staff and Resources
- General Other Responsibilities
Downs Junior is a very popular four form
entry community school that serves a diverse group of brilliant pupils and our
extended community. We are seeking to appoint a strong and effective leader who
will assist in ensuring our pupils continue to receive an ‘outstanding’
The successful candidate
- have the best outcomes for our pupils at heart, with specific responsibility
- have a clear understanding of what constitutes high quality Teaching and Learning, with a proven
track record of success in classroom practice
- be responsible for Curriculum
- be a successful leader, with a commitment to supporting our caring
and talented staff, through an effective CPD
- be a true team player, and work alongside the head teacher, the SLT
and the governors, in making key
strategic decisions that will best serve our supportive community.
If successful, you
would be working
- with a fantastic group of children who continue to develop their
own love of learning
- with a talented group of hard-working and dedicated staff (but who
also know how to enjoy themselves!)
- with supportive governors, who care about the school
- in a stimulating, attractive and safe learning environment in a
well maintained Victorian Grade 2 listed building
- in an inclusive environment where all are respected and challenged
to achieve, with a CPD
programme that will lead to the next stage of your successful career.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to
visit the school prior to the 26th January 2023. To arrange a visit,
please contact Jacqui Rice, email email@example.com,
tel: 01273 558422
Junior is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and
expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We take the issue of Safeguarding children very seriously and all applications are processed accordingly. Please note that any appointments are made subject to Enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, continuous employment/employment gaps checks and satisfactory written references.
This job post has expired.