Fawbert and Barnard's Primary School, Old Harlow, Essex
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 7 to Lead Practitioners range 12, £49,937 to £54,992|
The Templefields Multi-Academy Trust invite applications from experienced dynamic teachers who are keen to play a key role in this popular forward-looking school (Fawbert & Barnard's).
We are looking for someone who:
• has vision, enthusiasm and commitment to developing teaching and learning.
• is flexible, resilient and committed to moving the school forward.
• has the ability to give strong leadership with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• is able to work enthusiastically in partnership with the Headteacher and staff in raising standards.
• can set an excellent example of classroom practice.
• is very organised and can manage time well.
• is committed to working with the parents and the community.
• is ambitious and may aspire to Headship.
We can offer:
• Excellent professional opportunities including strong partnership collaboration within the trust.
• A friendly, supportive environment with enthusiastic, well-behaved pupils and a committed staff team
• A supportive and dedicated governing board
• A commitment to your professional development
Further details available from Sue Spearman, Headteacher
We warmly welcome and encourage visits prior to application by appointment
Essential educational requirements
• Evidence of continuing professional development
• Experience across the primary age range
• Proven record of successful classroom teaching in a primary school
• Proven record of subject leadership
• Proven record of successful recent experience as a senior leader in a primary school
• Ability to lead by example and inspire others to achieve positive results
• Adaptable and flexible approach
• Ability to build, support, motivate and work as part of a high performing team
• Ability to inspire children and staff
• A high regard for the personal development and achievement of each child
• Commitment to inclusion and equality of access to educational provision for all children and proven experience of a range of teaching and learning strategies to meet the needs of all pupils
• Clear understanding of what is effective teaching and learning
• An understanding of consistent approaches to behaviour management
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of current curricular and educational issues/relevant legislation
• Clear knowledge and understanding of assessment and monitoring procedures (including analysing data, developing strategic plans, setting targets, monitoring and evaluating progress) and proven ability to implement these
• Excellent ICT skills and knowledge
• Excellent administrative and organisational skills
• Experience of contributing to strategic decisions
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience of dealing with difficult pastoral issues
Essential skills and experience
• A clear vision of excellence in primary education
• Ability to initiate and manage change sensitively in pursuit of strategic objectives
• A proven ability to raise educational standards and a commitment to high standards of achievement
• Understanding of school improvement planning
• Experience of effective monitoring and evaluation of teaching and learning
• Commitment to the continuing professional development of all staff
• Experience of Performance Management of teaching staff
• Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with the whole school community
• Evidence of good working relationships with parents and the wider school community
• A well organised person able to manage time effectively, to delegate, to prioritise and to meet deadlines
• Evidence of being proactive and highly committed to own professional development
• A commitment to the protection and safeguarding of young people and an up to date knowledge of Child Protection procedures
|School size||211 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Fawbert and Barnard's Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Fawbert and Barnard's Primary School
Fawbert & Barnard's is a vibrant learning community where children develop the values, attitudes and habits they need to live fulfilled lives and to become confident, life-long learners and responsible members of society.
London Road, Old Harlow, Essex, CM17 0DA