- £47,735 - £52,723 (L6 - L10)
Deputy Headteacher job summary
To start: September 2022
Salary: The salary range offered will be on a scale of L6-L10 (£47,735 - £52,723)
An exciting opportunity exists to apply for the position of Deputy Headteacher for Hob Moor Community Primary Academy, part of the Ebor Academy Trust.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational teacher, recognised by peers as an excellent practitioner, with leadership qualities. Experience and a proven record within Key Stage 2 would be beneficial.
We are looking for an individual who:
• Is driven to improve themselves and the school in which they work, and is highly committed to the vision and culture of the academy and trust.
• Can demonstrate determination, imagination and commitment to sustained improvement
• Has a proven track record in raising standards and aspirations for all children
• Is an exemplary role model with strong leadership potential and organisational skills
• Is committed, passionate and able to demonstrate the ability to being about improvements in teaching and learning
• Is able to use evidence based research in order to target school improvement priorities
• Can nurture, inspire, challenge and motivate pupils and staff alike
• Is able to work with a positive attitude, sense of humour and resilience.
• Has the necessary ambition and drive to achieve success in the role and in their future career
• Has the ability, desire and dedication to maintain and strengthen links with parents, Governors and the wider community
• Can work collegiately in shaping the future of the academy and wider academy trust.
We can offer you:
• Children who are polite, engaging and keen to do their best.
• A supportive environment to work in, with a strong, collaborative team ethic and committed colleagues.
• The opportunity to develop your teaching and leadership potential within a rapidly improving school.
• Opportunity to work in collaboration with the staff and children in Hob Moor Oaks Academy
• An exciting opportunity to be part of a pioneering Academy Trust leading innovative practice in York and beyond.
For further information and to apply go to https://eboracademytrust.co.uk/vacancies/
For more information regarding the role please contact Debbie Cousins, Headteacher on 01904 806655
Interview and selection
Closing date for applications:
The closing date for application is Tuesday 17th May 5pm. Prior to this, prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Please contact the school office on 01904 806655 to arrange this. Visits are encouraged to allow candidates the opportunity to see the school and ask questions if required.
Shortlisting will then take place with successful candidates invited to interviews. Interviews will take place at Hob Moor Community Primary Academy on Wednesday 25th May 2022 with the intention that the candidate can give notice to their current employer and join us at the beginning of September 2022.
• To secure outstanding outcomes for all pupils in the Ebor Academy Trust through the Deputy Headship of Hob Moor Community Primary Academy;
• To demonstrate effective teaching to facilitate learning, securing outstanding outcomes for all pupils;
• To raise standards of teaching and learning with special responsibility for the curriculum and assessment, in particular within KS2;
• Lead by example and effectively manage the school, staff and resources in collaboration with others;
• The effective implementation of the agreed Ebor Academy Trust vision, principles and policies and commitment to the Trust’s values of Excellence, Belonging, Opportunity and Respect;
• To be an outstanding practitioner leading and supporting others to be the same;
• To lead on design and development of the curriculum, ensuring an innovative approach to securing outstanding outcomes for all children;
• To lead and support others in the effective use of pupil progress data to optimise learning for all children;
• To support and assist the Headteacher on a day to day basis with the management, leadership and running of the school;
• Organise timetables and day-to-day rotas and ensure that they are implemented;
• To deputise for the Headteacher in their absence;
• Assisting in managing staff and resources to fulfil the aims and objectives of the academy group;
• To work co-operatively with colleagues, and taking a lead where appropriate, in the implementation of the School Improvement Priorities;
• To be an active member of the Senior Leadership Team;
• With the Headteacher, be involved in effective recruitment and selection of staff in line with the strategic direction of the trust;
• Co-operate with, and ensure positive impact of, agreed academy improvement work including other members of the academy group.
• Maintain open professional dialogue with the academy SLT and other colleagues, identifying relevant issues and risks;
• Ensure the safeguarding of the pupils of the academy in line with best practise and relevant legislation;
• In collaboration with the Headteacher, promote, embed, secure and monitor all agreed policies in the academy;
• Undertake any relevant professional duties delegated by the Headteacher
• Establish a sensitive and inspiring relationship with parents and carers, developing a wide range of high quality provision to contribute to high aspirations and outcomes for children;
• Develop shared learning opportunities for the community, children and parents;
• Ensure the quality of teaching and learning in all year groups is secure and improving to outstanding;
• The curriculum for learning is rich, relevant and inspirational and contributes to outstanding attitudes and outcomes;
• That agreed clear lines of accountability work in practice to secure outcomes for all pupils;
• That all children make optimal progress even when there are barriers to learning, through excellent systems and provision for all;
• Complete rigorous interrogation of data concerning pupil progress and outcomes to optimise teaching and learning for all children and to drive up standards;
• Contribute positively to the continued development of the academy
• Any other duties commensurate with the post as may be required from time to time.
Duties may change over time and as such this Job Description may be subject to review in consultation with the post holder.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.