- Early years, KS1, KS2
- L6-L10 (£47,735-£52,723) depending on experience
Deputy Headteacher job summary
If you believe you can provide outstanding pastoral and team leadership, which inspires and motivates others towards excellence and ensures the very best education for all our learners, then we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will support the Headteacher to lead the school in its continued efforts to ensure excellence in the quality of the provision and the learning and wellbeing outcomes for all pupils. This is a very exciting time in the development of our school and candidates will need to demonstrate a clear understanding of the opportunities that will help shape our educational provision.
In addition to this, the successful candidate will:
• Hold QTS
• Be willing to support the strong Catholic ethos of our school
• Be a visionary leader with a passion for delivering excellence in the curriculum
• Have relevant classroom experience
• Be committed to promoting high standards of attainment, progress and behaviour
• Be a strong team player
• Be committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children
• Be inspirational with an innate love of teaching and learning
• Be excited to be involved in the day to day life of the school, promoting good outcomes
• Have the ability to develop strong relationships with our stakeholders.
• Have lots of energy, determination and self-motivation
• Have excellent planning and communication skills
Applying for the job
Applications can be made using this process, or you can also apply for this role via Eteach where you will find a job description, person specification and application form – the application form must be uploaded to your application along with the other required forms and submitted via Eteach.
The person appointed must feel comfortable being part of a Christian community.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please ring the school to arrange a visit.
Holy Cross Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and all post-holders are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check and must have the Right to Work in the UK.
If you have worked or spent time abroad, please ensure that you send us a copy of the following:
More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
• A police certificate for an overseas visa application (sometimes known as a Certificate of Good Conduct); and/or
• If you applied for entry clearance under any of the visa routes (Tier 1 & Tier 2 general worker) you must provide a criminal record certificate for any country (excluding the UK) where you have lived for 12 months or more in the 10 years before your application, while aged 18 or over; and/or
• When a certificate of sponsorship has been issued, please provide any relevant documentation from the sponsor; and/or
• If you are unable to provide a certificate from countries that do not have functioning criminal records regimes, or who refuse, you must provide an explanation with your visa application to UKVI - we would therefore need as much information as possible from you as to whether your application has been granted or waived, before we decide to make an offer of employment.
Download an application form - 211 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Holy Cross Catholic Primary School
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 4 to 11
- School size
- 371 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
Holy Cross is on a journey of rapid development, which is being driven by a new Headteacher and SLT. The school now has an exciting opportunity for a forward-thinking Deputy Headteacher with a bright and positive outlook, who will work together with the Headteacher and staff team to continue to support the school and pupils in going from strength to strength.
For a Deputy Head within a small or similar school environment, this could be your next challenge. Equally, for a capable and experienced middle leader with still yet untapped potential, this might be the right opportunity for you. Much work has been done in creating and mapping an inspiring, bespoke curriculum this year, which the new Deputy Headteacher will now strategically co-ordinate and embed. They will also use data and assessment across the school, to work with Teachers, Teaching Assistants and the SENDCo to support and challenge all pupils. The Deputy Headteacher will work with the SLT to secure school improvement across the school.
Arranging a visit to Holy Cross Catholic Primary School
Please contact Mrs Mercer if you'd like to arrange a school visit.