Deputy Headteacher (Maternity Cover)
Given the fixed term nature of this post, we will be interviewing candidates when they are available and will withdraw the advertisement once a successful appointment has been made.
Under the overall direction of the Headteacher play a lead role:
• In formulating the aims, objectives of the schools and establishing the policies through which they are to be achieved;
• Be responsible for the standards and curriculum of all pupils including monitoring of progress towards achievement;
• Proactively manage staff and resources;
• Take full responsibility for the school in the absence of the Headteacher;
• Carry out the professional duties of a teacher as required;
• Take responsibility for child protection issues as appropriate;
• Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
Essential educational requirements
• Readiness for Deputy Headship.
• Successful teaching experience in the primary phase.
• Ability to support maintain and develop the Christian ethos of the school.
• Qualified Teacher Status.
Essential skills and experience
• An outstanding teacher and leader with a proven track record of high achievement.
• Develop and review whole school systems to ensure robust evaluation of school performance and actions to secure improvements.
• Lead and manage a school team/s to successfully achieve agreed goals.
• Be an effective team player that works collaboratively and effectively with others.
• Develop and deliver effective and inspirational professional development for staff (including mentoring and coaching as appropriate).
• Communicate effectively to a wide range of different audiences (verbal, written, using ICT as appropriate).
• Demonstrate high quality teaching strategies.
• Support, motivate and inspire both colleagues and pupils by leading through example.
• Contribute effectively to the work of the Headteacher and senior leadership team.
• Deal successfully with situations that may include tackling difficult situations and conflict resolution.
About Marden Vale CofE Academy
- William Street, Calne, Wiltshire, SN11 9BD
- Marden Vale CofE Academy website (opens in a new window)