L5 - L9 £46,566 - £51,402
St Francis Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational Catholic Deputy Headteacher with excellent leadership and management skills to join our leadership team.
Part of the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust, St Francis is a caring, vibrant and successful school in the traditional market town of Melton Mowbray, judged as Good in the most recent DCI inspection and Outstanding in Catholic Life and in the leadership of Collective Worship.
‘The Catholic Life of St Francis’ is outstanding. The mission statement, ‘In Jesus we will do our best as we love, pray, learn and play because this is the St Francis’ way’ is clearly in evidence and reflects the school’s Catholic ethos’. DCI Feb 2020
The successful candidate will:
• Be a practising Catholic with a strong commitment to the ethos and Catholic life of the school
• Be an outstanding practitioner in KS1 or KS2.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, motivate and inspire all of our children and colleagues
• Have proven leadership skills and is a strategic thinker, with a vision to introduce new ideas along with the ability to identify and sustain long term improvement
• Be committed to the further development of the partnership with the parish, parents, and the wider community
• Well behaved, positive and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
• Professional dedicated teaching and support staff who are willing to undertake continuous professional development
• A supportive Governing Body that possesses a clear vision for the future of the school
• Close working relationships with parents, the parish and partner schools within the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust
• An exciting opportunity to make a real difference
We welcome video calls to discuss the role and may be able to arrange a visit to school if guidance allows in the new year. The school will re-open on Monday 4th January. Please call 01664 562891 to arrange a call with the Headteacher Gosia Brown.
Closing date for completed applications is Friday 12th February 2021 with Interviews being held on Wednesday 24th February 2021
This is a reserved post which means that applicants must be practising Catholics.
Please consult the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham ‘Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practising Catholic’ go to
for further information.
The St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful candidate.
Applying for the job
To apply please download all forms below and return completed forms to HR@aquinas-cmat.org by the closing date.
If you experience difficulties downloading the forms, the vacancy and all details can be found on eteach and also at www.aquinas-cmat.org on the vacancy page.
Academy, Roman Catholic
217 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Saint Francis Catholic Primary School
We are a part of the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust and this provides the school with strong and dedicated support from experienced specialists from a range of educational fields.
Arranging a visit to Saint Francis Catholic Primary School
The school will re-open on Monday 4th January. Please call 01664 562891 to arrange a call with the Headteacher Gosia Brown.
Dalby Road, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 0BP