- Early years, KS1, KS2
- View all Full timejobs
- This opportunity allows for an element of flexible working in the morning as core hours will run until 6pm in conjunction with Puffins, our out of School club.
- Leadership Scale L2-L6
Deputy Headteacher Primary job summary
The children, staff and governors at Petersfield are looking for an ambitious and motivated Deputy Headteacher who will share our values and vision and contribute to the school’s future achievements.
This exciting role offers our Deputy Head a substantial leadership position and the opportunity to make a significant positive difference to our most vulnerable pupils and our continuing Covid response. Areas of responsibility including Pupil Premium, Covid Catch Up and the opportunity to restore our extra-curricular provision in conjunction with leading Puffins, our out of school club.
The successful candidate will have a partial teaching commitment across the school and will therefore lead our Pupil Premium provision directly through teaching all our children and through implementing and modelling strong teaching and learning practice.
This opportunity allows for an element of flexible working in the morning as core hours will run until 6pm in conjunction with Puffins.
We are looking for someone who has:
• outstanding and inspirational teacher experience, who is committed to ensuring all pupils achieve to their full potential
• high personal and professional standards
• experience of primary leadership and management to secure successful learning for all, including the most vulnerable pupils
• excellent organisational skills and an ability to take responsibility appropriately
• experience working successfully with staff, children, families and the community
• excellent curriculum, data analysis and assessment knowledge
If you are passionate about every child reaching their true potential and want to make a positive difference in children’s lives, we can offer:
• Happy, enthusiastic, keen and well behaved pupils
• A friendly school community with a distinctive ethos
• A redecorated and rejuvenated learning environment
• A new and supportive team where effort, encouragement and excellence are celebrated and where strong professional development opportunities and coaching at all levels of experience are provided
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Petersfield CofE Aided Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
- School size
- 115 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
Petersfield Church of England (Aided) Primary School is a small, rural school serving families from within the parish boundaries of Orwell, Arrington, Croydon, Tadlow, Whaddon and Wimpole and from many other locations outside of our Cambridgshire school catchment. We are committed to providing a high quality education within a Christian context and we work hard to create a caring environment, both inside the classroom and out. Motivated by our Christian values of friendship, trust, creativity, peace and love, we provide a rich and diverse education focusing on excellence, enjoyment, perseverance and building relationships to support and inspire our pupils throughout this stage of their lifelong learning journey.