Our senior leaders are expected to lead by example and maintain high
standards across the school community, supporting our vision to be relentlessly
ambitious about a curriculum that leads to excellent outcomes and experiences
for our students. You will need to be organised, dynamic, collaborative and
inclusive, with a relentless focus on achieving the best outcomes for our students
and will use your initiative to inspire, motivate and encourage a climate of learning where expectations are high, clearly
communicated and consistently reinforced.
This is a strategic role with lead responsibility for the
quality of education across the whole school. The successful candidate will be driven by moral
purpose and a passion for learning, able to demonstrate a track record of
excellent leadership with impact and be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge
of how to improve key components of Quality of Education. Our journey to ensure
improved whole school progress and attainment outcomes for all learners is ongoing,
which was evidenced during our OFSTED inspection in June 2022, which
highlighted our commitment to continued and rapid improvement across the
We are looking for a leader who can inspire and influence a
range of stakeholders and who:
- Has a proven background in raising aspirations and leading whole
- Is an outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Has a proven history of improving standards.
- Has experience of successfully leading, managing and developing
teams (including middle leaders)
- Has recent evidence of planning and leading whole school
improvements, which have a demonstrable impact on student attainment
- Has experience of whole school self-evaluation and improvement
- Has experience of strategically developing the curriculum and approaches
to teaching and learning in order to support high levels of progress and attainment
We offer NPQH to all our senior leaders and
would welcome applications from leaders who aspire to headship in due course.
We are committed to developing all leaders and give them the expertise to
enable them to take the next step.
We offer an incentive package which includes:
- A comprehensive induction programme for
new staff to the academy.
- On-going investment into
your career development through appropriate CPD.
- Support and mentoring by a strong Senior Leadership
Team and other experienced leaders.
- Access to the Bike 2 Work scheme allowing
up to 42% discount on the cost of bikes and equipment.
- Full use of an employee assistance programme
- Staffroom with complimentary tea and coffee.
- Subsidised membership of Benenden
Healthcare (affordable alternative to private health insurance).
- On-site parking.
- Free Breakfast Club/After School Club place
for staff children at Ocklynge Junior School.
- Enviable setting and extensive grounds.
We became a converter academy on 1st August 2012 and
joined with Ocklynge Junior School on the
1stDecember 2017 to form the
South Downs Learning Trust. The aim of our trust is to provide an outstanding
educational experience for all learners in our schools. We want both schools to
retain their own identity whilst working together to support the learning of
everyone in the Trust community. Our aim is to develop a sustainable and exciting
educational experience that places our students at the centre of all that we do
and develop a community of primary and secondary academies
that are the first choice for students and families in Sussex, with an
outstanding reputation for high aspiration and high achievement.
Please complete the online application.