Sir John Leman High School and Sixth Form, a beacon of academic excellence in Beccles, Suffolk, is thrilled to invite applications for the position of Deputy Headteacher, to lead on Quality of Education. Sir John Leman High School is a distinguished educational institution with a rich history of academic excellence, innovative teaching practices, and a commitment to fostering a love for learning. Nestled in the heart of Beccles, our school is dedicated to providing a supportive and inspiring environment for both students and staff.
This is an excellent opportunity to work closely with our newly appointed Headteacher, Sarah Hartshorn, and play a pivotal role in shaping the educational landscape of our school.
We require an outstanding individual to recognise and build on current strengths while improving areas that will take Sir John Leman High from ‘Good’ to ‘Great’.
As the Deputy Headteacher in charge of Quality of Education, you will be a driving force in shaping the educational experience of our students. Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a dynamic and forward-thinking curriculum that aligns with high educational standards, builds knowledge and promotes student engagement and success.
Data-Driven Decision Making:
- Utilise data analysis to assess curriculum effectiveness, identify areas for improvement, and implement evidence-based strategies for continuous enhancement.
Collaboration and Professional Development:
- Foster a culture of collaboration among educators, promoting professional development opportunities to enhance teaching practices and ensure high-quality learning experiences.
- Work closely with teachers, parents, and the wider community to build strong relationships and create a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Degree in Education
- Proven leadership experience in curriculum development and implementation.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of current educational trends and a commitment to continuous improvement.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
How to Apply:
If you are a passionate and visionary leader ready to shape the educational future of our students, we invite you to submit your application via My New Term. The application deadline is midnight Thursday 15th February 2024. Interviews will take place on Monday 26th and Tuesday 27th February 2024.
To arrange an informal conversation about the role and to arrange a tour of the school please contact Adam Sandford (PA to the Headteacher) by e-mail: email@example.com
Our school is part of Kingfisher Schools Trust. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be part of the pre-employment screening process for this role. An application form must be completed in full; CVs alone cannot be accepted.
Sir John Leman High School is part of Waveney Valley Academies Trust. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job post has expired.