The Trust Directors and Local Governing Body are seeking to appoint an inspirational, determined and committed Deputy Headteacher at Saint Benedict Catholic Voluntary Academy, part of the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi-Academy Trust . This role offers the opportunity for an ambitious and innovative leader to work alongside talented colleagues and help shape the future of our school.This is a reserved post and is open to practising Catholics only, please review the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham “Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practising Catholic” for further information.
Situated in the beautiful Darley Abbey area on the outskirts of Derby, Saint Benedict is the city’s only Catholic Secondary school. We serve a wonderfully diverse community of students who come from over forty countries around the world and who come from all parts of Derby and beyond.
We would like someone who:• is a practising Catholic with strong, lived faith and deep commitment to Catholic education, who fully supports the Catholic identity and has a desire to live out and share the faith through work.• values all children as individuals and ensures that all children are confident and able to achieve their full potential.• can fully embed the principles of safeguarding.• is an outstanding classroom practitioner, enjoys teaching and is keen to teach.• knows about the principles of developing outstanding learning, teaching and assessment for all pupils.• takes positive action to embed concepts of health and safety, welcome and inclusion within the school and wider community.• can continually raise standards and expectations in our school and share the vision and achievements.• can maintain a culture of excellence among staff and pupils alike.• is a leader and innovator who encourages, enthuses and motivates the school community through excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We can offer you:• friendly, happy, motivated staff who are fully committed to further raise standards• a strong, caring, inclusive school community• supportive governors and parents who work together in the best interests of all children• friendly, happy, enthusiastic, well behaved, and inspiring children who are always eager to learn.• A firm commitment to professional development with the opportunity for you to develop your leadership skills• The opportunity to play a major role in the leadership and development of the school• a supportive, well-connected and highly innovative Trust with a network of 25 schools.
How do I apply?
In order to apply for this role, please visit the vacancies page on our website via the link below. All applications must be submitted via the website -www.srscmat.co.uk/work-with-us/vacancies/
Why work for the St Ralph Sherwin Multi Academy Trust?
A summary of our fantastic benefits are as follows:
- Access to first class CPD opportunities.We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities forcareer progression- with 25 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance- you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension- automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions- we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
This job post has expired.