L21 - L25
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust wishes to appoint a Deputy Headteacher at Saint Paul’s Catholic High School , an expanding 11-16 Voluntary Academy.
We are looking for committed and practising Catholics who have the experience, motivation, enthusiasm and skill set to work in partnership with the Headteacher and other stakeholders to help lead the future vision and development of the School and the Trust.
The main duties of the role are:
• Supporting the Headteacher in managing and supporting the strategic direction of the School
• To safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people
• To contribute to the provision of high quality teaching and learning to ensure successful outcomes for all
• Undertake key strategic and operational duties as delegated by the Headteacher
The successful candidate will:
• Be a practising and committed Catholic role model for everyone within our community and able to articulate a clear vision for Catholic education and the distinctive nature of Catholic schools
• Be able to work in successful partnership with the Headteacher and support the Trust’s vision for raising standards across the curriculum
• Be an exemplary teacher by endorsing and following the agreed policies and by sharing their own excellent practice with the team
• Have excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills and have the ability to build happy teams in school and with external parties
• Have proven leadership skills within secondary education and experience of leading school improvement
• Demonstrate an ambitious drive for each child within the Trust to succeed in all aspects of their lives
• Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations
• Be open to new ideas, committed to working as part of a team and of course have a good sense of humour
• Have strong moral and ethical principles and values
The schools have been designated by the Secretary of State as schools with a religious character. Their Articles of Association state that they are part of the Catholic Church and are to be conducted as a Catholic school in accordance with Canon Law, the teachings of the Catholic Church and the diocesan trust deed. At all times the schools are to serve as a witness to the Catholic Faith in Our Lord Jesus Christ. The post is therefore reserved for practising Catholics who can show by example and from experience that he or she will ensure that the schools are distinctively Catholic in all its aspects. There will be Diocesan representation on the selection panel.
Please note CVs and agency referrals will not be accepted
Applying for the job
If you would like to apply for the position, application packs are available from the Trust’s website: www.wcatrust.info. You should complete the CES Leadership Application Form and returned it by e-mail to Mrs Andrea Sweeney HR Manager email@example.com You will need to read the notes to applicants, privacy notice, job description and person specification and disclosure form.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.