Due to our current Deputy Head taking on the Headship, Newtown School has an exciting opportunity for an existing SENCo ready to take the next step in their leadership journey.
The successful candidate will:
- be an experienced SENCo, passionate about special educational needs and other vulnerable children and committed to their progress and successful in accessing appropriate funds
- be an excellent leader with the vision, energy and commitment to support all aspects of school leadership
- be self-motivated and have excellent organisation and communication skills
- have high expectations and a commitment to raising standards and achievement
- have the ability to motivate, inspire and lead others
Newtown School is a community two form infant school, with up to 180 full time children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 and an oversubscribed Nursery offering places for children aged 2-4.
The children at Newtown reflect the local population with a mix of high achievers and higher than average percentage of children with English as an Additional Language and Special Educational Needs. Newtown prides itself on having the six principles of nurture at the heart of what we do in all areas.
The successful applicant will have a good understanding of nurture, child development and the impact of early childhood experiences on children's ability to learn. Staff and governors have high aspirations for all children, from whatever their starting points, and children make excellent progress during their years with us. Our school benefits from a dedicated staff, supportive parents and fantastic children. We have been consistently rated as 'Good' by Ofsted, our last inspection was in October 2018.
Newtown School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post requires an enhanced DBS check.
This job post has expired.