- Leadership 10-15
Deputy Headteacher job summaryEMPOWERMENT · POSITIVITY · WELLBEING
The opportunity has arisen for an influential and knowledgeable Deputy Headteacher to join Shaftesbury High School. Shaftesbury High School is an outstanding secondary special school in the heart of Harrow, North London.
The new Deputy Headteacher will have experience of senior leadership in special schools for pupils with MLD, ASD and/or SLD and will work closely with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team. The new Deputy Headteacher will be part of a team that ensures we deliver on our commitment to Shaftesbury’s vision, mission, and strategic priorities. The new Deputy Headteacher will be expected to support a culture that enables all learners and staff to excel.
A specialist knowledge of working with children with ASD would be preferable for the successful candidate.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hear from leaders with the experience of working with young people who have a range of learning needs. We are looking for someone who is creative and innovative.
If you are an inspirational, motivated, and forward-thinking leader, with experience of whole school development and improvement, this could be an excellent opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who:
• is a team player.
• is an effective communicator.
• is a motivational line manager.
• can work well with staff, students, and parents to ensure that Shaftesbury High School continues to place the students at the centre of the decision-making process.
• has the vision and strategic thinking skills to continue developing this outstanding school.
• has the ability, creativity, and ambition to plan and lead constructive change.
• can work closely with the Assistant Head (Quality of Education) to focus on developing our ambitious curriculum for our ASD students.
• has in-depth knowledge of SEND, including the latest developments in pedagogy.
• An exciting and challenging role.
• A supportive whole staff team and governing body.
• An engaging and forward-thinking curriculum and assessment systems.
• A strong pastoral ethos.
• A fantastic pupil population with supportive parents and families.
• A competitive salary, Leadership 10-15.
“Shaftesbury’s Vision is ‘to build just, collaborative, and accessible communities, carving pathways into them’. The ‘just’ begins by stakeholders valuing the morals ‘Be Kind, Be Respectful, Be Resilient, Be Responsible, Grow’ as their own.”
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the leader team at Shaftesbury High School and take on this important and exciting new challenge, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Prospective candidates are welcome to arrange a visit to the school, please call the school office on 0208 428 2482.
To apply please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Important dates to be aware of:
Closing date: Tuesday April 19, 2022
Interviews: Week beginning Monday April 25, 2022
Shaftesbury High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2021).
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Shaftesbury High School
- School type
- Special school, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 173 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
Shaftesbury High School is a successful and well-respected school which caters for up to 180 pupils, aged 11-19, who experience a wide range of learning difficulties. Over the past three years we have successfully introduced a dynamic and engaging new curriculum, which engages our students in project-based learning alongside their core lessons. We place a strong emphasis on wellbeing and support for both staff and pupils. We are committed to restorative practice and all staff members are CALM trained.
Arranging a visit to Shaftesbury High School
Prospective candidates are welcome to arrange a visit to the school, please call the school office on 0208 428 2482
Similar jobs nearby
London Design and Engineering UTC
15 University Way, London, E16 2RD
Find more school jobs in Harrow