Shortbrook Primary School is a small, vibrant and thriving primary school, in the South East of Sheffield with Federation links to Halfway Junior School. It prides itself on providing an inclusive education that develops the whole child. We are well - respected and known for our high standards, strong values and a fully inclusive model of education enabling all children to fulfil their full potential whatever their starting points.
Currently rated as ‘good’ by Ofsted, the school has made rapid improvements in raising standards, quality of teaching and learning and professional development opportunities for our staff. We are proud of our warm and welcoming school, where we strongly value our community and have an ethos of kindness and support for each other, always placing a high premium on creating a learning environment where our children flourish within an exciting and happy school with a family feel.
The governors are looking for an exceptional Primary Deputy Headteacher who will be responsible for Inclusion through the implementation of the SEN Code of Practice, including vulnerable and looked after children. You will demonstrate inspirational leadership and have the proven skills, attributes and knowledge to take this community-centred school from Good to ‘Amazing’. You will be a resilient school leader with an unwavering commitment to inspire and support our children and staff.
The role will have some teaching commitment which may vary dependent on changing needs.
To be the successful candidate you will:
• Have excellent, well-developed interpersonal skills;
• Be an outstanding teacher and a strong team player;
• Have a strong commitment to inclusion and SEND with diversity
and flexible working practices;
• Be ambitious for our School and Federation and every learner
• Be innovative and manage whole-school change
• Have a wonderful sense of humour
In return we can offer you:
• Wonderful children and dedicated staff
• A commitment to continued professional development
• A committed, supportive and active Governing Board
Essential educational requirements
Educated to degree level
1. Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
Essential skills and experience
1. Experience across the appropriate age range(s)
2. Evidence of recent leadership experience that has contributed to
school self-evaluation and the development of whole school
3. Supported whole school strategic improvement to improve pupil
4. Evidence of recent, appropriate professional development
About Shortbrook Primary School
- Westfield Northway, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S20 8FB
- LA Maintained School
- Shortbrook Primary School website (opens in a new window)