Deputy Headteacher - St Leonard’s C of E Primary School, Exeter
This job expired on 21 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
21 March 2023 at 9am
6 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
- L5 - 10
What skills and experience we're looking for
The successful candidate will:
- Have leadership skills that will enable staff to flourish and pupils to reach their potential underpinned by a strong personal philosophy and clear pedagogical subject knowledge.
- Be happy to support the Church of England ethos of our school though our school values.
- Be dedicated to raising standards and removing barriers to learning for pupils with the ability to challenge each pupil from whatever their starting point.
- Have high expectations of themselves and pupils with a positive, can do and proactive nature.
Visits to the school are encouraged; please contact the school on 01392 666570 if you wish to make
Applications should be submitted by 8am, Tuesday 21st March and emailed to HR@stcmat.org
Interviews are scheduled for Friday 24th March. Successfully shortlisted candidates will be asked to teach on the interview day at St Leonard’s.
A copy of the application form can be found on the St Christopher’s Trust website atVacancies | St Christopher's Multi Academy Trust (stchristophersmat.org) and on the school website at https://www.stleonards.devon.sch.uk/.
Please note it is our process to apply for references for shortlisted applicants and to complete online searches in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance, for all shortlisted applicants. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post. Candidates are encouraged to read our Safeguarding policy before applying.
What the school offers its staff
Due to the promotion of the current postholder to Headship, St Leonard's C of E Primary School is seeking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher to be an instrumental part of the Senior Leadership Team. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic leader who is excited about the challenge of a larger setting and will be committed to helping our community to ‘be the best they can be!’. This is a non-class based role, with some teaching required on an ad-hoc arrangement. If you are motivated about developing practice, raising standards and providing stimulating learning experiences for young minds, we want to hear from you!
- A welcoming, friendly school with a strong Christian ethos and set of values that underpin all that we do.
- A passionate and enthusiastic leadership team.
- Children who are articulate, happy and motivated to learn.
- The opportunity to work in a school with unique spacious grounds close to the city centre.
- A headteacher who puts children at the heart of all decision making.
- An exciting role within our growing organisation with opportunities for future career development within our own school and across our family of 17 schools within the St Christopher’s Trust.
About St Leonard's (CofE) Primary School (VC)
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 5 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 569 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to St Leonard's (CofE) Primary School (VC)
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Dulverton Junior School
Barns Close West, Dulverton, Somerset, TA22 9EE
Langford Budville Church of England Primary School
Langford Budville School, Wellington, Somerset, TA21 0RD
Assistant Headteacher - St Leonard's CofE Primary School, Exeter
St Leonard's (CofE) Primary School (VC)
St Leonard's Road, Exeter, Devon, EX2 4NQ
Headteacher - Starcross Primary School
Starcross Primary School
New Road, Exeter, Devon, Devon, EX6 8QD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Exeter and Devon, Plymouth and Torbay