Are you an enthusiastic, child centred, aspirational leader, committed to inspiring and supporting pupils, staff and the wider school community to flourish together?
Following the promotion of our current post-holder to the role of Headteacher at St Mark’s CE Primary School, we are looking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher from September 2021 who:
• Will fully support, promote and help develop the distinctive Christian ethos of our school
• Has a passion for education with a sound understanding of current initiatives
• Will be committed to driving the development of teaching and learning to secure the best outcomes for our children
• Has successful experiences and a proven track record of leading school improvement
• Is an aspiring Headteacher with a desire to develop their leadership and management skills
• Will promote positive relationships with parents, carers and the extended school community
What will you bring to our staff team?
• A commitment to promote and develop the distinctive Christian ethos of the school so that all feel valued as individuals and can flourish together.
• The experience and ability to lead, inspire and challenge a skilled and committed staff team to deliver outstanding outcomes for all children at St Mark’s Church of England Primary School.
• Ongoing development of a challenging and supportive climate for learning where pupils can achieve their true potential.
• Knowledge, skills and strategies to further develop good and outstanding teaching for the benefit of all pupils.
In return, we can offer you
• A caring Christian community, set in an idyllic woodland setting, only a few miles from stunning coastline.
• Opportunities to develop professionally within a supportive and professional environment.
• Pupils with positive attitudes to learning, who are hardworking, caring, resilient and proud to attend their school.
• The support of dedicated and caring school colleagues and a governing body who are committed to delivering the very best for pupils.
• Parents with a high level of engagement who are willing to get actively involved in their children’s learning and the support of a hardworking and successful parent/teacher association.
• A salary reflecting both your experience and the size of the school.
For more details please see the attached Applicant Pack
Applying for the job
To apply for this vacancy, please submit an application form on https://jobs.dorsetforyou.gov.uk/. Only applications completed via the Dorset Council website will be accepted.More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England
416 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About St Mark's Church of England Primary School
St Mark’s Primary School is a thriving, happy, nurturing, inclusive Christian community of learners in the Diocese of Salisbury. Ofsted say we are a ‘good’ school (2018) and our SIAMS Church School Inspection again rated us as ‘outstanding’ (2018).
The school is a two-form entry academy, part of the Bournemouth Septenary Trust and sits at the heart of Bournemouth, an active, diverse and vibrant town on the south coast of England.
So what is distinctive about our vision?
• An uncompromising pursuit of an ‘every child’ policy that seeks to ensure the flourishing of all children
• The relentless pursuit of improving performance and standards in every area of school life
• A supportive environment for staff and pupils that contributes to the success of improved learning and wellbeing
• Christian values and ethos that permeate all aspects of education and behaviour
• “The partnership with the local church (St Mark’s) is exceptionally strong” (SIAMS 2018)
• St Mark’s has a strong local reputation for its inclusive practice and SEND provision
Arranging a visit to St Mark's Church of England Primary School
To discuss your application or arrange a tour of St Mark’s School, please contact Mr Triplow, School Business Manager, on 01202 512241 or email us at:
Visits will be held during the weeks commencing 22 March and 29 March by appointment only. Alternatively we have a video tour available on our website.