Deadline is today
Job start date
1 September 2023
31 March 2023 at 11:59pm
14 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Permanent
What skills and experience we're looking for
The Governors of St Osmund’s Catholic Primary School, Salisbury, are looking to recruit an inspiring Deputy Headteacher.
The successful candidate will:
- Support, motivate and inspire others by leading through example
- Be an excellent practitioner with a track record of improving outcomes for pupils
- Work with our staff to enable every child to reach their full potential in a culture of high expectations
- Be an excellent communicator, able to work closely and effectively with all stakeholders in the school to deliver school improvement and strong outcomes for all pupils
- Actively support the development of our Christian, Catholic ethos and be committed to maintaining the strong culture of the school as an inclusive learning environment
- The role will carry a class teaching responsibility with release time commensurate with the responsibilities of the post. Ideally this will be in Year 6 but as stated above, outstanding candidates with skills and experience better suited to other year groups will be considered equally
What the school offers its staff
We can offer you:
- A vibrant, multi-cultural and inclusive school with our amazing, independent and well-behaved children at the heart of all that we do
- A fabulous team of support staff who care deeply about providing the best education possible for our wonderful children
- A great CPD offer which you will be able to shape further
- An intellectually and professionally stimulating, positive environment
- Release time commensurate with your role
- A generous wellbeing philosophy which includes innovative feedback practices, meaningful commitments to reducing workload and 2 staff wellbeing days per year for you to take as you choose
- A very supportive, welcoming parent body
- A beautiful building, well-resourced and in a great location in the heart of Salisbury
Further details about the role
A bit about us:
Following the promotion to headship of our current Deputy Headteacher, our beautiful school and community is now seeking to employ a new Deputy Headteacher to continue our drive for continual improvement.
We are a highly successful school with children who are excited, eager to learn and behave impeccably as a result of the culture and ethos of love, care and respect embedded here at St Osmund’s.
This is an exciting proposition for the right candidate who has the ambition, energy and skills to build on the numerous strengths at St Osmund’s, and alongside the Headteacher, keep our happy, diverse and forward-thinking school at the forefront of education. This post would be a great opportunity for someone eager to move their leadership to the next level in an outward facing, challenging and supportive environment, with a governing body and staff at all levels who are eager to support you.
We would like our new deputy headteacher to take on the class teaching responsibility for Year 6 and there will be the support in place to enable the successful candidate to fulfil their responsibilities as Deputy Headteacher. However, outstanding candidates with skills and experience better suited to another year group will be considered equally. It would therefore be helpful for candidates to indicate in the application their suitability and evidence.
If you believe you can provide excellent leadership that motivates others to ensure the very best education for all our children, and you are excited about the opportunities for professional growth that lie ahead, then we would like to hear from you.
We welcome visits at any time to see our wonderful school; our children really are the best ambassadors of all that we value.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 65.1 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Osmund's Catholic Primary School, Salisbury
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 204 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
A warm and welcoming one-form entry Catholic Primary School in the heart of medieval Salisbury. Our children are happy, safe, achieve very well and behaviour is excellent; true ambassadors for our school's Mission! Love for God ~ Love for Each Other ~ Love for Learning
Arranging a visit to St Osmund's Catholic Primary School, Salisbury
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Bitterne CE Primary School
Brownlow Avenue, Southampton, Hampshire, SO19 7BX
St Thomas à Becket Church of England Aided Primary School
High Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP3 4RZ
Redbridge Primary School
Studland Road, Southampton, Hampshire, SO16 9BB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Wiltshire and Swindon