- Leadership L20 – L24 (£65,735– £74,295)
Deputy Headteacher job summary
Required for September 2022
Applications are invited from practising and committed Catholic teachers for the post of Deputy Headteacher to further strengthen the leadership of the school. St Thomas More is a large, highly successful academy, with an excellent reputation both locally and nationally. This is based on its ethos, pastoral care, the quality of education, high achievement, continuous improvement, and excellent practice in professional development. It serves the whole of North Tyneside and has a strong, genuinely comprehensive intake. In December 2020 the school joined the recently formed Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust.
Applications are invited from practising and committed Roman Catholic teachers with:
• the vision, beliefs and commitment to represent our ethos
• excellence in teaching and learning
• the personal qualities and professional skills to provide leadership and example to students and to staff
• the ability to contribute significantly to strategic direction, whole school improvement, monitoring and evaluation
• the potential, ambition and aspiration to become a Headteacher.
The school provides:
• an extremely positive, stimulating environment
• enthusiastic students and excellent staff
• excellence in teaching, learning and achievement
• a strong culture of learning, improvement, and collaborative working
• leadership development, and headship preparation.
Closing Date: Noon on Friday 4th February 2022
Interviews: Thursday 17th February and Friday 18th February 2022
For an information/application pack, please see website or contact Mrs C Palgrave, Governance and HR Manager at the school (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call Mr D Watson, Headteacher, for an informal discussion about the post.
Telephone: 0191 2588360 Address: Lynn Road, North Shields, Tyne & Wear. NE29 8LF
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
St. Thomas More Catholic High School is a member of the Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust, a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under company registration No 7841435. Registered Office: Fenham Hall Drive
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- NE4 9YH
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Thomas More Catholic High School
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 1608 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
St Thomas More Catholic High School is an 11 to 18 mixed, converter academy serving the Catholic community of St Oswin’s Deanery (Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle). We have an excellent reputation locally and nationally for the quality of our ethos, teaching and learning, high achievement and sustained improvement. The academy website will give you an insight into our work and ethos.
Arranging a visit to St Thomas More Catholic High School
Please email or call to arrange a visit to the school.